Valve Seals

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
I have my GT40 heads disassembled. Everything looks really good. No burrs at the keepers or valve tips and guides are snug with minimal play. They don't even really need a valve grind. I'm planing on just hand lapping them. Gonna get some mild porting work done and have them milled .030 as well.

Which valve seals would you recommend? I had already gotten some Comp Cams ones that dont fit unless you machine the guides. I don't want to do that. I'd prefer to avoid the Felpro umbrella type seals too.

So, what brand and part# do you recommend for valve seals?

Thanks.....

• Sponsors (?)

I almost ordered the Ford valve seals. Then, I saw that the TFS valve spring kit I wanted also includes valve seals of similar design. So, I'll just use those.

Thanks again for the responses

Why avoid Fel-pro? They generally make the best parts store stuff available. As far as what I'd pick, no matter the brand, I'd make sure they are Vinton if they are rubber. That way they will not cook.

I don't avoid the Felpro brand at all. But when it comes to valve seals, they offer the plastic umbrella type that ride up and down with the valve stem. I prefer seal types that lock down over the guide instead.

I'm using Felpro head and intake gaskets for this job.

For header gaskets, I use Percy's dead soft aluminum.