Valve Springs & Rockers E7 To Gt40

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
Between the Red and Rio
My e7 heads have beehive springs and stock rockers, if I bought a set of gt40's could I just swap them over and run em? My second question is about ptv clearance: I have flat top pistons w reliefs do y'all think I would have clearance issues w the gt40's or are the valves close enough in size as e7 that I should be safe? I realize that you're supposed to "clay it up" first but anyways what do y'all think?

• Sponsors (?)

Most beehive springs require the spring cup area to be machined. So if this was the case with your E7TE's, then your GT40's will need to have the work done as well.

You didn't say what cam you were running, so I'll say MAYBE on the PTV question.

That add is mistaken, or he's trying to snow people to make the sale. F3ZE AA heads that came on the Cobra's had thermactor ports. Heads without them were found on early Explorers. So don't pay a premium for them. You can find them in any wrecking yard for half that.

My e7 heads have beehive springs and stock rockers, if I bought a set of gt40's could I just swap them over and run em? My second question is about ptv clearance: I have flat top pistons w reliefs do y'all think I would have clearance issues w the gt40's or are the valves close enough in size as e7 that I should be safe? I realize that you're supposed to "clay it up" first but anyways what do y'all think?

Stock cam, 1.72 RRs, and shaved gt40x heads I have no issues.

Most beehive springs require the spring cup area to be machined. So if this was the case with your E7TE's, then your GT40's will need to have the work done as well.

You didn't say what cam you were running, so I'll say MAYBE on the PTV question.

That add is mistaken, or he's trying to snow people to make the sale. F3ZE AA heads that came on the Cobra's had thermactor ports. Heads without them were found on early Explorers. So don't pay a premium for them. You can find them in any wrecking yard for half that.
I was thinking the same as far as the thermactors, a other Internet hustla. The cam is comp 35-440-8 advertised duration is 281 on in and ex @ .050 220 in and ex and .512 lift in and ex. The springs the guy says comes w be heads were rated at .510 I believe