Vapor Cannister- Figuring It Out

imp

Mustang Master
Jul 13, 2017
Trying to sort out the various things changed or modified on the '94 GT I recently bought. Tonight, the vapor recovery system. The canister is gone, the control valves are gone, all that remains (that I can see readily) are two 3/16" nylon vacuum tubes coming from within the right front fender well. They are plugged with setscrews.

My question is: can anyone tell me what was used as vapor line from the tank? Was it steel tubing like gas line, or nylon stuff? Where did it terminate? Was it maybe where the fuel lines enter up against the RH firewall? Then what form to Canister, nylon tubing? Was the canister mounted against the RH front fenderwell, or within it? The TFI is mounted there, looks like a non-stock mounting job.

Any help appreciated! imp

• Sponsors (?)

I'm fairly certain the purge canister is in the same place as the fox cars, look for a plastic line running along the frame rail on the passenger side. Vacuum line comes out from the front of the upper intake.

Reactions: 1 user
Vapor canister on the SN95 cars should be on the inside of the passenger side fender well. I can't remember what the lines from the tank are but the lines to the canister solenoid is just rubber vacuum line and they are notorious to deteriorate and cause a vacuum leak.