Vent: Bad Drivers

• Sponsors (?)

Make the car louder so they know it is there....

I have problems like this in my wife's 500... in my truck and my car (especially in my car) I don't have problems since most peopel must hear/feel that I am close....

That CAN get you up to 10 years in jail AND a $5,000 fine. Unfortunately what she did has no consequence because it is considred an accident/unintentional and no one got hurt. What you did was assault in some jurisdictions. If she got your plate she could potentially can go right down to the comissioners office and file an assault charge on you, take you to court state vs YOU. YOU pay the fines and fees and potentially get a first class jail cell. Not kidding, seen it happen. Best scenario is to watch your temper on the roads guys.

wow that sucks

oh, and I have an o/r H and flowpaths, but it's quiet when I'm just cruising at moderate speed

I agree that you do have to be careful about getting to hot tempered over bad drivers, cause people do stupid stuff nowdays without thinking at all.

My biggest peeves are:

- getting tailed by a semi in the left lane, while I'm already behind several cars. By tailed, I mean the semi is less than 6 feet from my bumper at 70mph. This happens often to me and those around me.

- people making cell phone calls on their Blackberry / Treo PDA phones and not realizing they are shifting into another lane into someone else or into me.

- people who have better things to do on the road instead of driving, but still don't keep control of their car. Makeup, phone calls, PDA use, reading a book, talking and rarely looking ahead.

There also ought to be a special driving test and license fee for anyone wanting to drive a vehicle that can carry more than 7 passengers.

Motorcycles..........here's a new bumper sticker: "Motorcyclists, look twice, save your life.....cars are everywhere."

I won't even get going on motorcycles, cause there's too many of them getting killed everyday. They, for the most part, actually do pay for their stupidity (the ones that drive reckless, cause some happen to do it the right way with some level of safety).

Next time someone starts moving into my lane like that, I'm pulling a PIT maneuver on them. I bet they'll look the next time they change lanes! :rlaugh:

OMG :rlaugh:

"getting tailed by a semi in the left lane, while I'm already behind several cars. By tailed, I mean the semi is less than 6 feet from my bumper at 70mph. This happens often to me and those around me."

3 words...camera'd cell phone.

I dun stuck it out the window more than once and aimed the lens right on them when they do that..they back waaaaaayyy offf and amazingly grow some brains mighty quick! A couple of them even made a near right turn all the way over into the slow lane (where they should be) and eve started doing the speed limit!!!:jaw:

That's a real good idea! That happens to me all the time when I'm on route 81. I'd be afraid that I'd let go of my cellphone though, lol.

A q-beam works just as good. My dad had oin in the truck once and some ******* was tailgating us for miles. He could have passed whenever hea wanted, and we were going like 5 over the speed limit already.

So I turned around and q-beamed him. He stayed WAYYYY back. :D

Speaking of bad drivers it goes hand in hand with old people drivers and old people women drivers which is what I encountered tonight.

The road going through town is two lanes going both ways in the right hand lane is an old lady in a big boat. Shes trying to merge over into the left hand lane which I was in and she keeps going slower and slower waiting for a break in the traffic to merge over, as I pass her shes going about 10MPH and I look back and she comes to a complete stop in the road as the row of cars goes by so she can get into the left hand lane as a huge line of cars backs up behind her. She stops right in the middle of the road in heavy traffic at 6:30 at night. I just shook my head and thought to myself....wheres a cop when you need one...

Speaking of bad drivers it goes hand in hand with old people drivers and old people women drivers which is what I encountered tonight.

The road going through town is two lanes going both ways in the right hand lane is an old lady in a big boat. Shes trying to merge over into the left hand lane which I was in and she keeps going slower and slower waiting for a break in the traffic to merge over, as I pass her shes going about 10MPH and I look back and she comes to a complete stop in the road as the row of cars goes by so she can get into the left hand lane as a huge line of cars backs up behind her. She stops right in the middle of the road in heavy traffic at 6:30 at night. I just shook my head and thought to myself....wheres a cop when you need one...

Damn that's nuts. I'm just glad I don't encounter many old drivers where I live.

oh and +1 what is a Q-Beam

Motorcycles..........here's a new bumper sticker: "Motorcyclists, look twice, save your life.....cars are everywhere."

I won't even get going on motorcycles, cause there's too many of them getting killed everyday. They, for the most part, actually do pay for their stupidity (the ones that drive reckless, cause some happen to do it the right way with some level of safety).

It depends. I spend alot of time with cops and paramedics (which explains why I am going into law enforcement) and from everything they tell me, if a guy on a Harley or something wrecks it's 90% chance it's the fault of someone in a car.

On the flip side, when a crotch rocket wrecks, 90% it's the bikers fault.

It depends. I spend alot of time with cops and paramedics (which explains why I am going into law enforcement) and from everything they tell me, if a guy on a Harley or something wrecks it's 90% chance it's the fault of someone in a car.

On the flip side, when a crotch rocket wrecks, 90% it's the bikers fault.

:Word:

At first thought that is totally hilearous and I love it. :nice: The Q-beam could also insight the driver and/or you could be libel if they wrecked. Some of those dump truck drivers dont give a #$%^ either and will hit you.