VENT : I can't stand this shop sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was also telling me that the check egine light came on and whenhe scanned the computer for codes, it came up no codes, so he was saying that my computer might be messed up.

or, he's a moron and didn't connect something properly which is causeing the trip but not the computer to recognize it... i'm done, jeez man, i'm mad at them but will be at u if u don't sue this fcuk

edit: hmm, i see you went to the shop while i was writing this... the story unfolds TODAY

• Sponsors (?)

The dude working on your car needs to write a book titled:

1,000,000 + 1 Excuses & the Check is in the Mail.

This could go on until Christmas. That's not even a joke.... :nonono:

If their business was threatned to be closed down in 1 day, your car would have been ready in 1 day. How could they put your car aside to fix someone elses transmission(AND TELL YOU THAT) and the person got their car and is happy driving??? That RIGHT THERE should tell you they have NO respect for you, your time, and your car.

Have you shown these messages to your folks?

Is there some kind of "call for action" group in NJ?

Dude...

All I have to say is this thread has gotten me so frustrated that I think I'm pissed at you as well as the moron trying to fix the car. You really need to grow a pair buddy! Don't let this grease monkey walk all over you like that.

Anyhow... sorry I'm venting myself now. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I would tell him you WILL take the car with the light on! Or this will be even MORE time you will be without your Stang!!
Let us know!!!!
To bad I don't live closer...I'd LOVE to go down there with you!!!!
I wish you the Best of luck!!!!

5literstang said:
he was also telling me that the check egine light came on and whenhe scanned the computer for codes, it came up no codes, so he was saying that my computer might be messed up.

Umm...that just sums up the entire 2.4 months right there. Your car will be up for sale very soon. I also got a feeling your expecting a lot from this motor. Your not bolting on a blower.

What cam is in there?

You must live across the street from the shop if he's telling you it won't be ready when you get there because he has to replace the pcv valve and set the timing. right there you know he's lying, you can do both in under 10 minutes and that's if you take a piss break and a smoke break in the middle of it.

Just take the car with the CEL on, if it's driveable for the love of God, take the car from them, before something else goes wrong. There are a million other shops that can scan it for you.

Anyway good luck with it, there's no way I could be as patient as you have been. :rolleyes:

Piston said:
Dude...

All I have to say is this thread has gotten me so frustrated that I think I'm pissed at you as well as the moron trying to fix the car. You really need to grow a pair buddy! Don't let this grease monkey walk all over you like that.

Anyhow... sorry I'm venting myself now. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

hey man, im a mechanic, no need to say grease monkey.

damn, this is one of the LONGEST threads ive ever seen here. This is longer than the ricer thread.

gcomfx.com said:
But there are mechanics... then there are "grease monkeys" -- I find his statement to be accurate in this case. :rlaugh:

i dunno, i'm no mechanic but even saying that is just like a racist comment. my dad for instance... mom bought him a 'funny shirt' that said "grease monkey crew" or something, point is he didn't think it was funny, in fact he got really pissed off after that. probably because that comment has become stereotypical and even though i know the context was probably ok here- i bet there are a bunch of mechanics here who didn't appreciate it

this thread is almost as long as the sticky 'single turbo build' over on turbo stangs except i hope there is a slightly happier ending here.

Of course he would get upset... it's saying you are a BAD mechanic.... which this guy is. The comment wasn't made about all mechanics. Just about this loser.

There are mechanics.... then there are "grease monkeys".

To take the guys post out of context when many of us knew what he was saying isn't right.

Just like I could say you just called me a racist. Which is anything from the truth. But close minded reading can let me think that if I so choose. See my point?

Check this post:
http://www.100mphclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1520

donjohn said:
i dunno, i'm no mechanic but even saying that is just like a racist comment. my dad for instance... mom bought him a 'funny shirt' that said "grease monkey crew" or something, point is he didn't think it was funny, in fact he got really pissed off after that. probably because that comment has become stereotypical and even though i know the context was probably ok here- i bet there are a bunch of mechanics here who didn't appreciate it

this thread is almost as long as the sticky 'single turbo build' over on turbo stangs except i hope there is a slightly happier ending here.

Seems there are folks that need to grow a skin. This is the first I've ever heard the term "grease monkey" associated with any racial connotation. I suppose if you sat and thought and thought and thought some more you could apply some sort of racial connotation to just about anything.

Edit: By the way. I'm an Air Force jet engine tech. Have been for more than 15 years. I can't count the number of times I've been reffered to as a "grease monkey". Especially by those who are also grease monkees.

Daggar said:
Seems there are folks that need to grow a skin. This is the first I've ever heard the term "grease monkey" associated with any racial connotation. I suppose if you sat and thought and thought and thought some more you could apply some sort of racial connotation to just about anything.

ok, now my discussion with dcomfx made sense but i think you didn't get what i said. i was trying to say that that term has turned into a stereotypical comment LIKE a racist comment. u can't say that some people don't see a mechanic and automatically say that term.

now that we've gotten WAY ot here, i really hope 5literstang comes back in here and says he has his car

donjohn said:
ok, now my discussion with dcomfx made sense but i think you didn't get what i said. i was trying to say that that term has turned into a stereotypical comment LIKE a racist comment. u can't say that some people don't see a mechanic and automatically say that term.

now that we've gotten WAY ot here, i really hope 5literstang comes back in here and says he has his car

Perhaps I did misunderstand. My Bad. What you want from an old grease monkey? :banana:

Good luck on your car up there!

Come on...
Since when did grease monkey become such an insulting term? I always thought it was just another way to refer to someone that works on cars...not necessarily a bad OR good mechanic....just a mechanic.

Klunky said:
Come on...
Since when did grease monkey become such an insulting term? I always thought it was just another way to refer to someone that works on cars...not necessarily a bad OR good mechanic....just a mechanic.

Actually that's how I think too... but it wasn't going to help me prove my point. :rlaugh: My mechanic buddys take pride in being a grease monkey. :shrug:

And as far as the OT stuff... we're just keeping the thread alive so it's easier for the guy to find.... he's having a hard enough time finding his car. :nonono:

I think we shoudl keep it open permanately. If I logged on and didnt see this on the first page I would be lost. It's been here everyday like a faithful old hound dog. Maybe we can keep it open for good and it will be like the ice cream shop for high school kids. Where everyone just comes in to hang out and BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.