VENT : I can't stand this shop sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll race to the track. LOL

I've gone to the track ONCE this whole summer.... :bang: This w/e my club has the track and I'm still waiting on my third stall converter to get here.

First my tranny guy was on vacation... then I went on vacation.... plus there was finding a time frame that my buddy could help me pull the tranny.... then there was the first bad stall.... then the second one that filled the tranny with metal shavings... the list goes on and one for why my car has sat like this the whole summer:

album_pic.php

Sounds like that shop has too much business and not enough personnel..........or they are just bad at managing their time (in which case they shouldn't be in business too much longer).

Before I took mine to the shop recently to have lots of work done, I reasearch on several stang sites and asked around. Turns out I made a good decision, because I was able to drop off my car the next day and got it back a week later. They told me they were real busy for the next few days, but after talking to the owner and other mechanics for a while, I knew I was in the right place. Got my car back last week and couldn't be happier.

Keep looking..........you'll find a good shop. Sorry to hear you had to wait so long, but hopefully you'll get the car back without any problems. Just don't piss anyone off UNTIL you get the car back. :)

thanks guy for the replies. get a load of this one tho, i went to the shop yesterday with my friend, (they had no idea i was coming) i wanted to go in to see the car and i wanted to pick up my old exhaust setup, so i go there and once guy looked shocked as hell when i told him i was here to look at the black mustang. so he lead me into the shop to get the exhaust, well i look at the car and the motor was not even in the car. the block was on a stand with mostly everything on it except the lower intake manifold, and car was covered in dust like thick dust form being there so long, as i'm looking for the exhaust i find the headers but cant find the rest, i look under my car and it was still bolted up, i was really pissed but i tryed not to show it and be a dick cuz i really want my car back nad i didn't want to start any trouble so, the guy who was working on my car didn't come in that day so i couldn't talk to him. so as i left i told one of the mechanics that he had a lot of work to do tomorrow, my mother told the manager that car has to be ready by today, so hopefully everything will go good and he could finish it today, i'll keep u guys updated.

VibrantRedGT said:
Why did you choose this shop again?

my mom's friends husband is one of the workers there, and the guy that is working on my car has a few fox bodies, one of them running 8's i have seen pics of it too, and he said that he could get the job done and do it well, so i went with that shop, but what i should have done is i should have sold my car for 4500 and took the 5000 we spent on everything and bought that 98 Cobra for 9000 nad i would had 500 to do some mods to it, thats what i should have done.

i talked to the guy a little while ago and he said that the motor was done all he has to do is drop it and connect everything. so hopefully he will done today so it might be ready today, i'm goin down to the shop again today, i'll let u guys know whats up with everything.

VibrantRedGT said:
Yea then what would happen when the cobra breaks? Go to the same shop and spend more because its not a pushrod motor. Just because it's a few years younger doesn't mean it won't break down.

i do love my car but jsut not having it for so long makes me tihnk i don't even have a car, so when i get it back i know that i would rather have my GT then the snake.

well i went back nad the car was sitting the same way as i left it yesterday, i don't know who the hell he thinks he's dealing with but 2morrow i'm goin back to the shop with my parents so we will see what happens with that.

5literstang said:
thats not all i'll break, i really miss my car, i better get her 2morrow or i think i wil honestly break down and kill the mechanic, i'm so sick of hearing him say htats he's not done with it.

I feel for you bro, this whole situation sucks. I know this pry should have been said a long time ago, but I think you need to turn up the heat on them. They obviously feel they can jerk you around cuz you're young.

:flame: shops like that

thats why i'm feeling good about my dad goin in and straigtning things out, he said he's goin to call them up early 2morrow and tell them that he is pickin up the car 2morrow around 5 o clock then hanging up the phone before they can say anything else, lets hope for the best.

Bro, you are going about it in the wrong way :)

If the mechanic is the husband of your moms friend then tell you mom to put some heat on her friend (nag) so that the guys WIFE starts nagging him about it. That will get it done faster than any manager yelling could ever do (but its my impression that the manager dont give a s**t about your car).

Another option is that you can call the Bureau of Automotive Repair. I have had great success when I had a problem once with a shop. The dude refunded part of my cash as long as I dropped the complaint!!

I agree tho, never pay until the job is done. Its cool to pay for the parts but never the labor until its completed!!!!! They have your cash so its no problem to just blow you off.

Forcing a place to work on your car is never a good thing. If they "throw" it back together then it's lawsuit time, because they won't pay for the repairs the second go round without a fight.

mustangt562 - is absolutely right.... get the wifey on your side and you are home free.

Status
Not open for further replies.