VENT : I can't stand this shop sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

5literstang said:
thats good to know slayer...i'll keep that place in mind when i get my supercharger.
why not install it yourself??...ESPECIALLY if you car going with a Vortech, its a truly direct bolt on for the most part...it will save you TONS on labor and you wont risk going through this again, of course if your not paying for it then it doesnt matter...

you also have Larocca's as a shop in norther jersey btw...

You need to go and show them who's the boss
boxing.gif

Tell them you will be down there in twenty minutes and you want the car ready to go. When they ask why tell them you found another shop. Don't let them walk all over you. They are there to help you not the other way around.

If you do let them do the work I would demand the labor rates be cut in half. The time you had to wait is insane. With a good set of air tool and a buddy their is no reason an engine can't be pulled and put back within four days, granted if it is ready to be put in that is, and a shop it should take less.

Show them you mean business in my experience with "some shops" either they treat you like you a bother or just there to take money away from your wallet.

yea i was planning on goin to another shop but the car will be ready on monday, there are charging me 1200, he told me that my car is not the only car in the shop and the guy has a broken foot and he is still working on it but it doesn not take this long, they said the proce will drop a bit and there goin to buff the car so at least i gotta a little sometihng out of it, but i really wish i got rid of the car when i had the chance, if i knew it was goin to take this long. i could have had a cobra but o well i'l be happy when it's done.

unless he broke his hand and fingers, there shouldnt be any delay in action. im glad that i worked with a bunch of guys who are on the ball. my boss would pull the engine, transfer what needed to be, put it back it, fire it up, test drive it, and have it running 100% in no more than 3 days. he is my idle :hail2:

yea right after i get out of work 2morrow at 1 i'm goin to call to see whts up with the car and if it's ready me and my dad are goin down to pick it up if not it will proly be ready around 5 by the time the shop closes depending on how busy they are.

no i didn't even have a chance to talk to them today, my mother did and they told her that it will be ready by 2morrow. i have almost forgotten about my car cuz i have met someone really special and she totally took my mind off my car, it's a good thing cuz it relieved alot of stress i had aobut gettin the car back, so tomorrow i'm callin and telling them that the car better be ready nad i'm comin to pick it up nad after i get out of work nad if he tries to argue with me i'm goin to let him have it.

this is just my suggestion. call a flat bed. show up and get the car on the flat bed. bring your moms or dads car or truck, and put all of the parts that are not on your car in the car or truck. and go some where else.
the owner knows you keep falling for the "it will be ready for tomorrow" bullshyte. he also thinks you not going any where cause he has your car half ass apart. so screw him and go get your car back. don't even call him. show up tomorrow with that flat bed and just get what's yours.

try valley performance in belleville (973-751-7505 ask for alfredo) thats where i go. and if there's any problems it's at the most a day or 2 delay. he's honest and straight forward, and a pro.you can't ask for anything more.

BTW this shop wouldn't happn to be crazy horse would it?

5literstang said:
i have met someone really special and she totally took my mind off my car, it's a good thing cuz it relieved alot of stress i had aobut gettin the car back

How did you "relieve the stress"? I hope you put your rain coat on before you went out in the rain ;) :D

I wouldn't go screaming at these guys dude. Try and keep your cool and after you get the car back tell them your dissappointed and want them to do something about it when the bill comes. It doesn't take that long to install a new motor regardless of what other work they have going on. Its been over a month, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.