VENT : I can't stand this shop sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

5literstang said:
and my parents told me that they would kill me and take away my car if i did that flatbed thing. so i can't do that. opinions welcome!

Tell them if they don't want you doing that, they have 1 day to work out a deal where you get your car back. If they don't wanna do that, remind them that you are paying for the work and YOU will handle it the way YOU see fit.

I understand it's your parents bro, but by reading that quote I take it they are more worried about ruffling some feathers between their friends then your car and all your hard earned cash. :nonono:

5.0_GT_kid said:
Tell them if they don't want you doing that, they have 1 day to work out a deal where you get your car back. If they don't wanna do that, remind them that you are paying for the work and YOU will handle it the way YOU see fit.

I understand it's your parents bro, but by reading that quote I take it they are more worried about ruffling some feathers between their friends then your car and all your hard earned cash. :nonono:

his parents are paying

God this reminds me of the shop I had to deal with when getting my new motor... Gene's Auto.... I go in for a head and cam swap...find out old motor is trashed, so I decide to order a short block. Pick up short block, and my used 2.02/1.9 heads, the intake valve wont clear the pistons w/o flycutting them. So I sell the heads and buy a pair of Performer RPMs. Then I'm told the cam wont work with an automatic, that the duration is too much and it will stall with a stock converter. So I buy another cam and sell the old one again. Then he finds out the short block didnt come with an oil pump so he has to order one. Then the oil pump doesnt fit, something is wrong with the pickup point. So he has to send it back and order another oil pump.

All in all, it took about 2 months to get my car out of the shop.. Then 5,000 miles later, I snap a pushrod in half because he installed standard pushrods instead of hardened ones with my guideplates. The guideplates had been FILING DOWN the pushrods and sending metal through my oil for those miles, until one finally snapped. Then I called him to fix it and try to get him to work with me because it wasnt really my mistake, and he turned into an a-hole and started trying to blame me. So I hung up on him. And I find after that, that he overtightened all the valves too. Picked up 3 mph in trap speed after me and my neighbor fixed the pushrod and valves OURSELVES. :spot:

17yrOldStanger said:
his parents are paying

well then i guess he should be mad at his parents. (not to ruffle feathers) but any idiot by now would of just shown up and get their car out of there.

and you got nothng done by telling them, that your going to get a flat bed.
they just suckered you again hook line and sinker. why in your right mind would you take your car back there even if its for free. a free wax and paint job? please. :bs: you should of just shown up with the flatbed and get your ****. and if you parents stopped you, there another cause to your problem. you need to take a serious stand not only to the shop and it's owner but to your parents also. cause there not the brightest french fry in the bunch.

from the outcome of the last couple of days. you won't see your car for a while. sad :nonono: .

Dude get your car back, all your ****, and flatbed it down to Valley Performance. I have a pick up truck also, and would be more than willing to help you hall all your parts to the shop. Never bring your mustang to a little sh-ithole shop to have something major done. And to top it off, the hole in the wall is in the Oranges? Screw these bunch of fly-by-night butchers. If it were me, I'd be breaking my foot off in someones arse by now. :mad:

i know i have been pretty calm latley...but i'm on the verge of ****ing killing the guy!!! when i called this morning he was kinda trying to yell at me, so once he started i finished it by telling him u better finish the car so he told me to call at 445 and he'll tell me if it will be ready or not...lets hope guys..pray for me...

This is crazy... Now I remember why i do 100% of everything to my car. This is just crazy. If it isn't done today go get it and either take it someplace or do it yourself. These people don't care about you or your car. They just know your not going to do anything about it.

you know, this situation feels like one of those mtv shows where they take your car and keep giving you excuses on why you're not getting it back and finally they reveal it all cool and spiffy...

except here, your car will be dirty and u payed for the parts and most of the work

oh yea, and no cameras

Dude grow up

I seriously think you should say 'mom/dad a boy has to do what a boy has to do' and i think you should take up that offer that a fellow stangnetter suggested and get a flatbed to haul you car and your parts. Because think about it, as many times as you complained and as many times they have blown you off do you SERIOUSLY think you are gonna get QUALITY work done? You are a pain in their a** and they are a pain in yours and that is not a good combination for a honorable contract. Say they do shi**y work either on purpose (which is not out of the question because they DO NOT respect you as a customer) or cause they dont know what they are doing. and you have to bring the car back, dont you think the same thing will happen to say the liest? They will take forever AGAIN or they will tell you to Fu** Off. I think you would be an IDIOT if you continue to deal with this shop. Take it from me and my 33 years on this planet in dealing with people like this. Now after reading this message. you can either take my wise advise and cut ties with this piss poor shop before they touch you baby, or you can be an idiot and continue to trust someone who DONT RESPECT YOU with you pride and joy. This thread has become a childish pity party and you need to BE A MAN!!

:bang:

Mustangt562 I think your advice to go against his parents make YOU the idiot. If your o.k. with your kids (if you have any) to go against your word than that’s your problem. But to tell someone else’s child to do what they want after his/her parents told them not to makes you an idiot. He is a REAL MAN for listening to his parents and obeying them and their rules :nice: .

I'd demand compensation for the time delay. Like, major monetary discounts off labor charges. It's a shame you dont have on paper or verbal recording that they said it would be done by a certain time...cause then you could say you'd sue their asses for breach of contract or something. Goes to show..trust noone and tape record everything.. :nonono:

your left nut ey, anyways.. i dunno what time it is where he is but it's 5 here and nothing's earlier than CA so what happened with the call at 4:45? of course, i can probably guess.

You know those friends of your parents aren't very good friends if they can't even get this follow through. I think you need a little sit down with your parents to discuss the options. Although I don't think you should go against your parents because then everyone would be against you, you should stress the huge time delay

ok wystud

wytstang said:
Mustangt562 I think your advice to go against his parents make YOU the idiot. If your o.k. with your kids (if you have any) to go against your word than that’s your problem. But to tell someone else’s child to do what they want after his/her parents told them not to makes you an idiot. He is a REAL MAN for listening to his parents and obeying them and their rules :nice: .

Ok wystud,

first of all i would have told my kid to get the car and take it to another shop one month ago. And get off of your soap box cause i KNOW you did not do everything you mommy and daddy told you, if you did your name would be Jesus and its not!! There is a point in time when you have to fight even when you mommy tells you not to. You can keep coming home with black eyes and banking on mommy to fight your battles. How long would you wystud take abuse, being stepped on, and taken advantage of because mommy tells you to be a good little boy :owned:

mustangt562 said:
Ok wystud,

first of all i would have told my kid to get the car and take it to another shop one month ago. And get off of your soap box cause i KNOW you did not do everything you mommy and daddy told you, if you did your name would be Jesus and its not!! There is a point in time when you have to fight even when you mommy tells you not to. You can keep coming home with black eyes and banking on mommy to fight your battles. How long would you wystud take abuse, being stepped on, and taken advantage of because mommy tells you to be a good little boy :owned:
Look OLD MAN what gives you the right to tell some young kid to tell his parents what to do. Your not his father his father told him what to do his dad is paying the bill. You're right everyone disobeys their parent in life and I fight my own battles now that I can survive on my own. Further more how did you know my names wytstud have you been reading your wife’s diary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.