Vert Questions?

GT Drifter

Mar 26, 2003
Ontario, Canada
So I'm thinking of selling my notch for a 94-95 GT Convertable and I just had a few little questions.
What's wind noise like when cruising with the top up?
Also since I'm going to be driving the car year round does it get cold inside in the fall/winter? (from a cold start).

• Sponsors (?)

The verts do have some wind noise, but I have never been bothered by it. I can hold a coversation at normal volume just fine. I can listen to the Mach stereo with no problems also. I don't drive mine in the winter, but in the fall it gets below freezing up here at night. I don't think a vert is any colder than other cars I've ridden in. As long as you turn on the heat and let the engine get warm for a few minutes you'll be just fine, same as any car. Leather seats don't help tho...brrrrrrr. lol There are a few other issues with verts that the coupes don't have, like handling quality, etc. But the ragtop is worth it.

I agree with Josh, my vert isn't too loud even at highway speeds I can hold a normal conversation. I've only driven mine a couple times in the winter, and as lond as you let it warm up, the cabin retains heat just fine. Worth it for a ragtop if you ask me!

Wind noise with the top up isnt bad at all. I mean, with the top down on the highway, you can have a conversation with the windows up without screaming, just raising your voice a little bit. People always ask if the car is colder in the winter. Not at all, you won't notice the difference.

i have a slight air leak from my top but thats just cuz i need to adjust something. Other than that its all good. Its just like a normal car during the winter too, but if its raining and ur misic isnt on you can hear the raindrops.

you'll either love it or hate it. I prefer the rag top. I dont drive mine in the winter, but that's my choice. I've seen several newer rag tops being driven around town all winter, and we've had a few -30C nights with the wind chill.
My winter beater has leather interior and damn it's frosty on the backside.
Wind noise won't matter on highway with top up, but with it down & the windows down it can be hard to talk to someone in the next seat never mind the back seat.
before you buy check to see if the top is seated correctly. the docking clamps do not have a lot of adjustment to them. it can be done with a allen key. Good luck.