Very Disappointed, Diguisted, etc....

stevee617 said:
. I have had it with the new Mustang, Ford and Ford dealers. They don't care about their product or their customers. Which is really sad. If I treated my costumers they way Ford has treated me, I would have no business..

You cant base that just on one ford dealer you have delt with. If you take any car dealer selling any type of car and you will find the same thing.

Its your own fault for buying the first round of a new model yr. EVERYONE knows that the 1st yr is the trial period when they work out some of the probs and tweek a few things.

Dont balme anyone but yourself, its your own fault.

• Sponsors (?)

Whoever said this guy swore at the service people? He may be venting online, but I doubt that he is abusing anyone at the dealership.

I don't blame him for being upset. He's being bashed because he's so negative on the stang, but to me that's part of what this forum is about: sharing both the good and the bad w/ other stang enthusiasts.

topless beach said:
Whoever said this guy swore at the service people? He may be venting online, but I doubt that he is abusing anyone at the dealership.

The original poster said that. He has since edited the original post to remove the part where he said he was screaming expletives at the dealership.

There's no excuse for the treatment he may have received, but by the same token screaming expletives at the dealer won't win you any friends or special treatment, that's for sure.

I could not possibly disagree with this statement any more than I do. It's just wrong - or should be.

There are plenty of manufacturers in the auto industry which you can purchase a brand spanking new car from and have a reasonable expectation of not having problems. Granted, they aren't going to be the Big 3 US automakers.

Also, having an auto that has been manufactured for along time - just WHEN are the problems supposed to be ironed out?

I have owned 3 new Explorers in the past 10 years. Every single one of them has been to the service shop frequently - and often for the same problems. I've had the differentials replaced twice in 2 seperate Explorers, manufactured 3 years apart. Exact same problem - road noise at highway speed. All have had various rattles and suchnot. Just because something has been made awhile doesn't mean all the kinks are worked out.

Look, I bleed blue. Otherwise I wouldn't keep buying Ford's. But Quality is NOT job one with any Ford made, period. I am just a pig headed, redneck SOB that refuses to buy "japanese" even if it is made in America and won't ever give mechanical problems :)

Earl

Striped5.0 said:
You cant base that just on one ford dealer you have delt with. If you take any car dealer selling any type of car and you will find the same thing.

Its your own fault for buying the first round of a new model yr. EVERYONE knows that the 1st yr is the trial period when they work out some of the probs and tweek a few things.

Dont balme anyone but yourself, its your own fault.

I wouldn't exactly call it blind loyalty, I can assure you the dealership service men, women, and managers know me by name and run when I come around :)

I have had the same poor quality control problems (worse in fact) with GM and Chrysler so Ford is just where I decided to stay. Not blind, just pigheaded and bitchy. :) To be sure I've had some excellent Fords too. My '97 Tuarus and '91 T-Bird never really saw much service time and neither were even tuned till over 100k miles. So some good apples with the bad. As for the Mustang, its worth it when its not in the shop. Never had a car that was more fun to drive.

Earl

scottie1113 said:
Hmmmm. Maybe if you did Ford would really improve their quality. Not a flame, but blind loyalty to any brand doesn't do the breed much good.

Jenn-I agree w/ what you said, and that's why, IMO, we should speak up about quality issues. Ford has a big hit on its hands for the first time in a long time, but after the new wears off, and all of the enthusiasts like us are satisfied what does ford do to attract a broader customer base for the stang or for other cars?

I can understand how ford might cut some corners to get the cars off the line, but they should be offering some extra $ to the dealers to satisfy the customer on service. We are quick to slam the dealers, but I'm sure they don't like having to clean up the problems that ford creates. Yes, I know they get paid on the repairs, but when you have a new car w/ a customer screaming for it back it might help if ford gave something extra back so the customer felt good--like a no cost loaner car.

I believe that groups like Stangnet can help create the pressure that will improve the breed.

tylers65 said:
That being said, I apologize if you truly do have these issues. But your post count is 0 and the first thing you say is that the 2005 is a POS. You could see why we would act the way we did.

Not that I am taking one side or the other, but tylers65, even I have a post count stuck at 34 from now till who knows even though before the database crash I had at least 90 posts and the crash wiped me back to 34 and has not moved since that first week of April. Clearly the guy no has more than 0 posts (I can see 2 posts just in the beginning of this thread) and it still says he has 0 posts. Just trying to help... He'll never gain credibility that way, and I will probably have more than 34 too... :shrug:

Jenns05Stang said:
Earl,

Understood. I just want to make sure that individuals also remember statistics and the probability of getting a bad car. I want to ensure that the Mustang branding is not generalized as a POS. The SN197 is a technological advancement over the SN95.

The problem here is that the demand for this vehicle is higher than their production capabilities. Let's say Ford can produce on their production line in Flat Rock 1,000 cars in a week (hypothetical for simplicity). Now we have dealers and internet purchases requesting 2,000 per week. As a company trying to meet demand in this modern day, what are my options? Not fill demand or cut corners? Well, I am going to cut corners where I deem it "acceptable" to meet demand and worry about the issues later. So, we have 2 bell housing bolts instead of 4 - we have carpet cut too low on the floor board, gaskets and parts that have been rejected by QC being used anyway because to reorder will take two weeks longer and halt production.

I am not saying this is right. I do not agree with it. It is not living by the product branding of "Quality is Job 1". It is the simple and shear fact and reality of what has happened with the demand of the vehicle. Ford isn't making good choices. Given. Are all 05 Stangs POS. NO. I bought mine early in the production runs (November 2004) and am TOTALLY HAPPY even with the issues and very loud brakes.. :)

Unfortunately, Ford will take some heat from this. There will be Stang owners who convert after production issues have frustrated them to no end. But, their bet is that, like myself, we will buy the car, deal with the issues as they are worked out and keep it for a long time. Better than not being able to meet production and losing the initial sale to Chevy, BMW, Nissian or someone else.

I just hope this works out for everyone.

Jennifer

I could not disagree with this any more. There are quality standards that Ford follows and would not deviate away from just because production increases. I would be highly suspect of a company that would cut corners just because demand is high. A high rate of warranty claims and or a recall can be way more costly than failing to meet full order quantities. To me consumers should not be a testing platform either. Engineer and test the car properly and a lot of these issues would not be happening. I have always purchased from the big (American) 3 and will continue to do so if I continue to get trouble free vehicles. Quality still however may be a small reason why you practically cannot give Ford or GM stock away right now.

Mickey21 said:
Not that I am taking one side or the other, but tylers65, even I have a post count stuck at 34 from now till who knows even though before the database crash I had at least 90 posts and the crash wiped me back to 34 and has not moved since that first week of April. Clearly the guy no has more than 0 posts (I can see 2 posts just in the beginning of this thread) and it still says he has 0 posts. Just trying to help... He'll never gain credibility that way, and I will probably have more than 34 too... :shrug:

Mickey - they don't count posts in the talk section towards your post count anymore. it did for awhile when i first joined in dec or jan, but they stopped last month sometime. that's why your (and my, and many others that just 'talk' but don't 'tech') don't get the counts.

BrewTownVert said:
Mickey - they don't count posts in the talk section towards your post count anymore. it did for awhile when i first joined in dec or jan, but they stopped last month sometime. that's why your (and my, and many others that just 'talk' but don't 'tech') don't get the counts.

Really??? That is messed up... So they wiped any count I had of posts before as well... And now they only count non talk areas? Thats a shame, the talk section is the only section worth reading or replying to most of the time...
:nonono:

BTW: I posted something in one of the other forums areas, and the post count moved so I guess you are right... Still dont agree with it though... Oh well, I never heard that change was made...

Mickey21 said:
Really??? That is messed up... So they wiped any count I had of posts before as well... And now they only count non talk areas? Thats a shame, the talk section is the only section worth reading or replying to most of the time...
:nonono:

BTW: I posted something in one of the other forums areas, and the post count moved so I guess you are right... Still dont agree with it though... Oh well, I never heard that change was made...

I've never understood the fascination with "post counts".

Too bad we can't measure qaulity instead of quantity. I say do awa with the count all together.

I think it's time to come to the realization that the 2005 Mustang's have lots of issues, some minor, some serious. There are some on this board that would never admit this. They are blinded by their enthusiasm and their optimism. Most of the Mustang issues are simply inexcusable in this day and age, first year car or not. Ford, being pathetic is apparently job 1.

gp001 said:
I've never understood the fascination with "post counts".

Too bad we can't measure qaulity instead of quantity. I say do awa with the count all together.

If they are going to do away with post counts fine, count me in, but if the norm is going to be that we look to them to decide validity of a person (being his first post, etc...) as what happened with the thread starter, then my previous remark still stands.... Oh well...

EarlB said:
Heat Venting from the top instead of floor (twice, never fixed)

Fuel tank replacement (once)

I picked just these two out of your list.

Isn't there suppose to be air coming out of the windshield defrosters even when "floor" is selected? That would make this working correctly, even if not to your liking. If so, then by adding this to your list of grievances is indicating that possibly your expectations are becoming a bit unreasonable?

Is the fuel tank being replaced because of the problem where the gas pump nozzle will trip-off before the tank is full? If so, then this is really just one of those first-year design oddities, and not something uniquely defective with your Mustang. BTW, replacing the tank with one with the modified design, fixed it, no?

Mickey21 said:
If they are going to do away with post counts fine, count me in, but if the norm is going to be that we look to them to decide validity of a person (being his first post, etc...) as what happened with the thread starter, then my previous remark still stands.... Oh well...

It's that whole "first impression" thing. Sort of like a person entering a party of strangers and declaring "the end of world is coming". Everyone pretty much knows at that point this person is gonna be a downer.

gp001 said:
It's that whole "first impression" thing. Sort of like a person entering a party of strangers and declaring "the end of world is coming". Everyone pretty much knows at that point this person is gonna be a downer.

so if you want to use the post count to judge those 'first impressions', then you should count the talk posts. someone could be on the board for year(s), post good, valuable, insightful comments, and still show as a newbie since all of their posts are in talk.

when the change was made last month to stop counting the talk posts, i questioned someone (tyler? duner? don't remember for sure) and was told that "that's the way it always was, so that's the way it is" - not the soundest logic in my book.:shrug:

ah, well, my .02

shadowland2000 said:
I think it's time to come to the realization that the 2005 Mustang's have lots of issues, some minor, some serious. There are some on this board that would never admit this. They are blinded by their enthusiasm and their optimism. Most of the Mustang issues are simply inexcusable in this day and age, first year car or not. Ford, being pathetic is apparently job 1.
I think it is possible to be an "enthusiast" and still be realistic about some of the limitations of the object of your affection-our beloved stang. The jaguar K type from the 60's is now revered as "art", but its reliability issues are legendary.

I also believe the excuse of a 1st year car having teething problems is true, but it doesn't justify them IMO. I know that other 1st year cars, including german & japanese cars, often have 1st year problems on a new design. That still doesn't justify it to me. If American manufacturers want to gain a little market share they have to offer something that improves on the competition instead of just meeting it. I believe this holds true even more in the case of a car like the Mustang which is a 'halo' car for the rest of ford's product line.