very high idle

95Stangv6

Oct 21, 2005
well i finally got all the kinks worked out then here we go again.

had the pcv valve break so i replaced it, ran fine, rode down to walmart. cranked it back up and it idles at 2300 - 2500 rpms.

would appreciate it if anyone could help

got the comp scanned and heres the results

P0443 (x2)
Evap emission
control system
purge vault c fault

p1407 (x2)
manfacturer contrl.
auxiliary emission
controls

p1131 (x2)
Manfacurer contrl.
fuel air metering

p1132 (x2)
Manfacurer contrl.
fuel air metering

P0174
System too lean

• Sponsors (?)

well i finally got all the kinks worked out then here we go again.

had the pcv valve break so i replaced it, ran fine, rode down to walmart. cranked it back up and it idles at 2300 - 2500 rpms.

would appreciate it if anyone could help

got the comp scanned and heres the results

P0443 (x2)
Evap emission
control system
purge vault c fault

p1407 (x2)
manfacturer contrl.
auxiliary emission
controls

p1131 (x2)
Manfacurer contrl.
fuel air metering

p1132 (x2)
Manfacurer contrl.
fuel air metering

P0174
System too lean

definetely get the car tuned if it's running lean. Or your engine will take a sh1t.

Did u replace the IAC with a motorcraft yet? Is it a steady high idle or surging?

No, the IAC hasnt been replaced, but i took it off and cleaned it out a moved it back and forth. then took it off again and noticed it seemed like it was in a little bit of a different position. The idle varies from 2000 - 2800 rpms, mostly 2300 - 2600, moving back and forth slowly. When we get time we're going to go back and replace the intake gasket becase we have a feeling that its leaking some. I'm thinking that might be where the lean code is coming from.

Did you swith the vaccum hoses. I did , I put the hose from the the intake pipe into the plenaum. I just wasnt paying attention. Check the pic out.

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 108
the only piece of hose i had to replace was the 2 1/2 hose from the metal pipe to the pcv valve. since tomorrow is going to be somewhat nice i believe we're throwin the intake gaskets on it, ill also check the rest of the hoses etc.

****just to add to the Lean code, its also throwing a P1132 rich code also****

well today the IAC, ECT, and MAF was replaced and still the same problem. im sure a vaccum leak couldnt cause it to idle this high, unless is was a major one, and there are definately no major leaks.

well, come to find out it turned out the be the IAC, evidently the one from autozone was crap too, but thanks to the gurus over here at arrington engines where i take classes (im sure any nascar fan knows what im talkin about) they hooked me up with a IAC off of a ranger and it idles smoother than it ever has.