very hot temps,slightly different from others

rebuilt my friends 94 gt engine.car runs hot emmediatly.its low temp until you take off then it skyrockets up sometimes past red mark.checked the radiator and noticed the degas bottle hose was broke off under the radiator cap neck.replaced radiator it still runs hot.pulled thermostat still runs hot.changed radiator cap still hot.the only time it cools down at all is when you turn the heater on and then it burns your feet to death.today we tore the motor down in hopes that maybe i accidentally put the headgaskets on backwards.to no avail they were on correct.we tried burping the coolant system countless times and it still ran hot.
any thoughts would be nice because i am completely baffeled.we also tried the timing but that didnt work either.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

How are you burping the system... these cars are a PITA to get the air pocket in the upper rad hose out...

What I have found that works is to continuously squeeze the upper rad hose while filling the radiator...

94-302-vert said:
How are you burping the system... these cars are a PITA to get the air pocket in the upper rad hose out...

What I have found that works is to continuously squeeze the upper rad hose while filling the radiator...

Like what he said burp the system, squeezing the hose works with the cap off, Check you thermostat in a pan on the stove, Make sure it OPENS... you can get bad ones that are new. Check the gauge..If it all test good, then the water pump is not working...no coolant is flowing, or not enough.

Been a lot threads about our cars overheating.

I've been fighting a run hot issue for quite some time, did the thermostat, did the circuit breaker at the fan (was burnt) even did the control module. Every time it got a little better, finally pulled the rad. It was plugged, just enough to get thing hot but not boil over. Some of us forget we've got 10 & 11 yr old cars, that may or may not have the factory rad still in them. Anti-freeze & aluminum don't like each other, the chemicals break down the core and eventully plug off sections of the rad. Now I know not everybody's rad will be plugged up but I wonder how many of us over look this aspect of the cooling system and just take it for granted that our rads are in good shape.

STM1965 said:
I've been fighting a run hot issue for quite some time, did the thermostat, did the circuit breaker at the fan (was burnt) even did the control module. Every time it got a little better, finally pulled the rad. It was plugged, just enough to get thing hot but not boil over. Some of us forget we've got 10 & 11 yr old cars, that may or may not have the factory rad still in them. Anti-freeze & aluminum don't like each other, the chemicals break down the core and eventully plug off sections of the rad. Now I know not everybody's rad will be plugged up but I wonder how many of us over look this aspect of the cooling system and just take it for granted that our rads are in good shape.

DITTO. I am surprised some of your rads are still holding up. Sometimes you will notice tiny leaks if you look closely that may not show up easily. Then it is time to replace.