Engine Vibration in gas pedal at 2000 rpm

• Sponsors (?)

Jack makes some great parts. You will not regret ever putting a MM part on your car. Have you tried simply removing the clutch cable from the fork and seeing if the vibration goes away?
could his stock clutch be so worn that the TOB is rubbing the pressure plate causing the vibration ?? I had this issue on my car before I put my new clutch in

Well, I'm happy to report that the vibration is gone and my girl is running like a new car.
Wow is all I can say. Everything went smooth today. Not one issue or stubborn part to deal with.
So this is what I replaced...
Flywheel
Clutch
Rear main seal
TOB
Pilot bearing.
Rear output shaft seal
Changed oil
Flushed transmission.
New MM clutch cable kit installed.

Not sure which exact part(s) was the problem. Did notice the TOB and the pilot bearing were pretty worn out. Flywheel looked at little beat up but not too bad.
clutch probably still had a little life left in it. I did notice a couple of other things as well. My starters top bolt was so loose that I was able to remove it by hand.
Plus my driveshaft was rubbing on the side of my exhaust in one spot.
Regardless..problem solved and the car shifts like butter.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I'm happy to report that the vibration is gone and my girl is running like a new car.
Wow is all I can say. Everything went smooth today. Not one issue or stubborn part to deal with.
So this is what I replaced...
Flywheel
Clutch
Rear main seal
TOB
Pilot bearing.
Rear output shaft seal
Changed oil
Flushed transmission.
New MM clutch cable kit installed.

Not sure which exact part(s) was the problem. Did notice the TOB and the pilot bearing were pretty worn out. Flywheel looked at little beat up but not too bad.
clutch probably still had a little life left in it. I did notice a couple of other things as well. My starters top bolt was so loose that I was able to remove it by hand.
Plus my driveshaft was rubbing on the side of my exhaust in one spot.
Regardless..problem solved and the car shifts like butter.
how do you like the pedal effort

Man, it's like driving a totally different car.
Shifts smooth as butter. Thanks for the advice. Great call on that one.:nice:
I wasn't a believer until I got this last fox and I converted it so I had no choice and I loved it !! glad it all worked out

Man! You swapped a lot of parts! That's usually the way I do it too; knock it all out while I'm under there.

Wonder if the driveshaft could been the issue; vibrating and transfering resonance:scratch: I don't think the starter bolt would have been an issue because you would have picked up an issue while starting the car with deflection off the flywheel.

Oh well, i'm just happy for you! :cheers: I know how it feels to put an issue like this behind you. I once had a fuel pressure regulator throw me a curve ball that was so hard to figure out. I did pretty much the same since on this vehicle it was inside the intake - I changed injector spider and everything else that move inside there!

Hey, will see you round here, and thanks for giving final update on the fix.

Man! You swapped a lot of parts! That's usually the way I do it too; knock it all out while I'm under there.

Wonder if the driveshaft could been the issue; vibrating and transfering resonance:scratch: I don't think the starter bolt would have been an issue because you would have picked up an issue while starting the car with deflection off the flywheel.

Oh well, i'm just happy for you! :cheers: I know how it feels to put an issue like this behind you. I once had a fuel pressure regulator throw me a curve ball that was so hard to figure out. I did pretty much the same since on this vehicle it was inside the intake - I changed injector spider and everything else that move inside there!

Hey, will see you round here, and thanks for giving final update on the fix.

Yeah, I changed pretty much everything that you would want to change while I had it apart. No sense in doing it twice.
I don't think it was the driveshaft, at least not completely, because I could feel it not moving. I'm just glad it's fixed.
That type of stuff will drive me crazy (and my wife listening to me) until I fix it.
I love that car so no big deal. I plan on keeping it for many, many years. Next is seat upholstry and paint.
:)

You sound like me where it comes to driving the wife crazy when the car is making sounds that I can't figure out. I get fixated on it - everytime we're driving together and I I hear it I mention it to her.:dead: She says I'm nuts, but I explained the same thing as you, "I plan to keep this car for a while and I want it running right!" BTW, this works well when you need to buy new parts, but you didn't hear that from me...:zipit:

I'm hoping to go to paint soon as well. That's a big decision for me because i'm anal, I guess. Really, I just want a great paint job and I'm willing to pay so long as that is the final result. I'm here in south Florida and about to embark on the paint-shop interviews, Ya! - not.