Vibration under acceleration

DEFWISH

Feb 25, 2006
Wichita, Ks
Hey guys I hate to start another vibration thread but i've searched and searched and nothing quite matches my problem in my 95. It only happens under harsh acceleration, 1st 2nd and a little in 3rd. It is sometimes constant and sometimes it pulses. just depends on how abruptly i accelerate. It feels like it is right beside my ankle somewhere. I've also noticed my TOB makes a slight ringy or fluttering noise if i very slightly press the clutch in. I dont have an extreme vibration on highway just under accel. So any suggestions on what i should do first? change clutch or alum. d/s or pull the new tranny out and check endplay?(which i would prolly do when pulling clutch) i have replaced u joints already and it Slightly helped but not barely. New harmonic balancer too. Any advice is appreciated! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Clutch, Pres plate, Flywheel, TOB, Harmonic balancer, Universal joint, Engine mount, Transmission mount, Rear differential flange bearing, rear axle bearings, Replace all at one time, I had engine or trans or whatever vibrations...I couldn't figure out what it was or where it was came from, i ask the stangers and decided to go all out and do it at once, Now the vibration is gone, If your car has high miles, you should replace these anyways. i got sick of chasing vibration problem

Clutch, Pres plate, Flywheel, TOB, Harmonic balancer, Universal joint, Engine mount, Transmission mount, Rear differential flange bearing, rear axle bearings, Replace all at one time, I had engine or trans or whatever vibrations...I couldn't figure out what it was or where it was came from, i ask the stangers and decided to go all out and do it at once, Now the vibration is gone, If your car has high miles, you should replace these anyways. i got sick of chasing vibration problem

I think i agree. I guess there might not be one way of getting rid of it. im looking at 144k now. Should i just have the flywheel resurfaced since it's balanced for my engine? or replace it all together?

Just have the flywheel resurfaced. The factory one is better quality, and like you said, balanced to the engine. I had a vibration under deceleration one time, and it turned out the driveshaft bolts on the pinion flange had come loose. Doubtful that's your problem, but it doesn't cost anything to check. The other thing to be concerned with is the U-joints on the driveshaft. I had one of those start to go on me driving through Conneticut on my way to FL. When I got up to about 90 mph I could feel the shifter vibrating. I decided to continue on, as it wasn't something I could fix with the tools I had. It turned out to be a real bad idea. The driveshaft vibrated so much, it shattered the tailshaft housing on the transmission.

Kurt

Just have the flywheel resurfaced. The factory one is better quality, and like you said, balanced to the engine. I had a vibration under deceleration one time, and it turned out the driveshaft bolts on the pinion flange had come loose. Doubtful that's your problem, but it doesn't cost anything to check. The other thing to be concerned with is the U-joints on the driveshaft. I had one of those start to go on me driving through Conneticut on my way to FL. When I got up to about 90 mph I could feel the shifter vibrating. I decided to continue on, as it wasn't something I could fix with the tools I had. It turned out to be a real bad idea. The driveshaft vibrated so much, it shattered the tailshaft housing on the transmission.

Kurt

Yeah i'll check them tomorrow,doubtful but you never know..

Hi
You didn't say... can I assume you had the wheels balanced!! I had a problem i swore was the tranny after I installed it!! Ended up being the tires>

Steve

They DO need balanced soon, doesnt feel like the main problem as it happens mainly in acceleration. I'll try that as well :nice:

replaced rear tyres, had them all balanced. vibration still there. if it doesnt snow tomorrow ima put the poly trans mount in. It feels like its coming from the flywheel,clutch area. might have to pick up a king cobra