Vibration

Mr.T.

Jan 11, 2020
My 2000gt Vibrates once in a while going into overdive. I've had tranny fuild and filter changed.The shop thinks it just the toque converter going in and out. Any thoughts or Ideas .
Thanks JT

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

OD Solenoid

My RAM just kicked some codes on the Shift Solenoid. I found that there are 3 of the different solenoids in there and decided to hand it off to a shop because at my shop cost they are not cost friendly. Plus all of my mechanics wont work on transmissions. One of the solenoids is for Overdrive and my best guess is that is the one that may be giving you the issues.

In my case, the trans kicks at every shift point but is smooth as silk in between them. Not fun on the expressway at O'dark:30 driving back from the hole in the Earth called Ohio

Last edited:
Bushings? I wouldn't think this is the case if it only happens once in a while. BUT to check the control arms, you can always get the car supported in the front end where the Control Arms can move freely and hang freely. Then get a lever with a fulcrum under it to push up on each wheel for play. (Visually, you can usually see the bushing and know if its cracked or dry rotted)

There is always a chance that the TPS has an issue also.