Vid: 0-90mph, interior view.

Blue Thunder

Mar 20, 2004
Upstate New York.
The digital camera was mounted sideways, and the car shakes it around pretty bad, and the lighting sucked, but hey, it's a car, not a modeling studio.

Anyway, here's a speedometer view as my II runs up to 90mph. (I got on it too hard around 30mph, and the tires smoked off, thus you can see the speedo needle jump, but the car catches up to it, heh) The sound quality of the vid is decent, at least.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...tion=view&current=MII_zero_to_90_interior.flv

• Sponsors (?)

Believe it or not, I've been meaning to take it to the strip for.. uh.. 15 years? haha You might say I'm a procrastinator. Perhaps if a strip was closer than 2.5 hours from here, I wouldve already done it, but ah well. Sooner or later.
I won't run slicks, though, until I strengthen the subframe more, the motor would twist that poor car up like a wet sponge if it hooked hard.

Any math geniouses in here that can convert that to an approx E.T.?:scratch: My guess would be 10-11 sec? Heck i dunno...:shrug:

I want to get mine timed, if I can keep it running...:nonono: Looks as if I've wet-washed the cyl walls in my 289 with the tunnel ram... Soooo now I just need to get motivated and shop around for a 347 kit... no fartin around this time.:nice:

And let me tell you... that video (and the rest I have saved on my desktop of your car) do motivate me quite well!!:hail2:

wiking said:
great engine! Have you tested how the engine reacts with a dual-plane manifold? Might want to try your combo.:D

Dual plane manifold wouldnt have a high enough rpm range. My motor is designed and built to pull from 4800 to 8200. Low end torque isnt even a consideration, since the torque converter lets the motor spin up in any gear.

Yeah, listen to that sucker in his other burnout vid. It's as if he fighting the stall of the converter with the idle speed that the cam and combo requires.... NICE!!:nice: :nice: I'm guessing your idle speed is 1200-1500?

What is the stall of our converter? Custom built? I'm gonna need to increase mine, but not sure exactly how high I want to go. Thinking 2800-3500 range. I want to be able to run it on the street and keep that tunnel ram too. :nice:

Here are the pic of my Falcon tirpod
555942_65_full.jpg

Here's my Mustang
554398_157_full.jpg

554398_156_full.jpg

Dano78 said:
What is the stall of our converter? Custom built? I'm gonna need to increase mine, but not sure exactly how high I want to go. Thinking 2800-3500 range. I want to be able to run it on the street and keep that tunnel ram too. :nice:

Well, the stall "rating" is tough to know for certain. Dynamic built it for me, based on the stock II unit, so it's a direct bolt in piece. It was supposed to be somewhere around 4000 rpm, but I told them the motor would make 400-450hp at the time, because that was the original plan. But I got sort of carried away with it, and now the converter will start to drag the brakes in 2nd gear at 5200rpm.(the rear brakes are 1959 T-bird drums, the same size as F150 drums, so they don't drag easily.)
The only thing that sucks about such a high stall speed, is the fuel mileage. Shifting into 3rd gear early is pointless, since the converter just slips. The RPM is the same at 35mph in 2nd gear as it is in 3rd gear. I can't even feel the thing shift, it's absolutely smooth and subtle, unless I'm on the throttle. Whenever I get done with the new stroker 351W motor, I will be getting Dynamic to build me a new 2000 rpm converter, since the big cubes won't need big slippage. heh. I'm also going even higher on the rear gearing, maybe 2.73s, and so I'm anticipating 16-18mpg highway with the 427, as opposed to the 11mpg now with the little 332.

I'm looking to sell the current motor, turn key minus carb, brackets and pullies, but including MSD distr. and 6AL box and the torque converter, too.