Vid: TT Cobra and Cam'd Firehawk

• Sponsors (?)

Formula = :notnice: Without the "bat mobile" spoiler:D

Cobra = :nice: With the S-281

I thought the cobra was gonna whoop 'em....but then the formula actually gave him a run for his money. What happened at the end? The camera was in the formula right? Did the cobra lower the boost or something you think?

Straight from the horses mouth:

Quote:
Actually the formula was not spraying, he is strictly Cam, lid, full exhaust and tune. You'll notice everytime we race he gets the jump. Everytime we started in his powerband 1st or 2nd, plus with his extra 2-3 gears to shift through. It always left me really high in 2nd (no traction) or too low in third, which left me with really only 2 gears (3rd and 4th....5th really didn't like the boost).

That explains why he had to play catchup. He needs some practice.

You can tell that even tho T/A jumps on him EVERY time, the Cobra will reel him in. I wonder which one is faster on a 1/4 track.
At the end the T/a's speedo is maxed out and the cobra reeled him in and was pulling still. Mabey the T/A has some steep gears.
In regards to the last post, I would be embarrassed if My TT Cobra couldnt beat a cammed T/a. Just imagine that one with REAL alumuminum heads. A twin turbo kit from HP performance is like 7000 bucks. A set of decent heads and a cam could run mabey 4000.

who knows, maby hes running low boost in the cobra? Also, you have to remember that the ls1 has a crap load of torque right off the hit, while the stang takes a while to spool untill he hits his powerband. Also, i wonder what gear the guy in the cobra is running.....like me many people put numerically high gears in their cars while NA, only to realize that some closer to stock gears will actually be better with the ole hairdryers.

the cobra prolly has stock gears...it was stated earlier that he wasnt using 5th gear...and cobras do about 140 with stock 4th gear. My car went faster in 4th than it would 5th when it was stock.

Redsnake2 said:
Those were some very good runs and the mustang would walk him , but the Firehawk is stout from SLP.. Firehawks are bad ass from the beginning, so i think the Mustang did damn good against him..

1. That was not a Firehawk, it was a Formula.
2. Firehawk, WS6, T/A, Formula, SS, Z28 put down the same numbers.