video screens in sun visor

• Sponsors (?)

Good idea to put in the visor's, but I know someone who did it, and it almost seems as if the screens are to close, so I suggest putting a screen up by the visor and see if its too close for you, before going through the full installation

-Jordan

looks good

I have seen them in the visor but i also plan on getting them this summer except I'm putting mine (mounted upside down on the back side meaning upright with the visors up) on the back part of the visor this way my girl can watch tv while im driving . (or she can warm thy head :rlaugh: )
also before you blow your dough ;
check out pioneers newest tv kit it comes with a program called vehicle dynamics it allows you to set up guages on a screen like fast and furious except i dont think it will tell you when your manifold is damaged. :lol:
all kidding aside it is a real kit now. can you say hidden guages this is what the header says:
Performance: In another industry first, the AVIC-N1 provides full-color Vehicle Dynamics Displays so you can monitor your vehicle's performance on-screen. Gauges showing acceleration, cornering, speed, and more are right there at your fingertips.
:nice: :D
this is probably as close to the heads up display as ford will get. :banana:

I dont really care that much for screens, but I just thought of the craziest idea known to man kind, because I have dvd burner on my computer, I wondered if I could convert mp3's to AC3 format(dvd format) and I found a program and did it, because dvd-r's can hold 4.7gb I can make a mp3 dvd and have around 500 songs that are top quality x10 better then mp3 disc's...so Im going to make a disc and test it out on my friends system, cuz he has a dvd playing deck, and if it works i think i may buy a dvd playing deck

-Jordan

Jd200287gt said:
I wondered if I could convert mp3's to AC3 format(dvd format) and I found a program and did it...I can make a mp3 dvd and have around 500 songs that are top quality x10 better then mp3 disc's

do you realize that once quality is lowered it can never be gained on that aspect...

if you know anything about image editing think of it this way... find a 20pixel picture and stretch it out to 200 pixel's... sure its bigger but its all fuzy and what not (no better quality)

the point im getting at is yes you can make it that format and the file size will be bigger but the quality wont go from good to great... it must stay the same at best... now if you rip songs directly off a cd or music dvd in that format to begin with the quality will be better (though i dont think a big enough difference for the naked human ear)

...just my input

-HAM

Obviously I will be getting 320 kpbs quality songs, I'm just saying I could have like 4-5 mp3 cd's on one mp3 dvd, also I could add video and stuff, I'm making one right now, and im going to test it out this weekend, so we shall see how it turns out...

a screen in each visor

i got a pair of 5.6 inch screens mounted in the visor
thats the biggest size i was able to get
because the stock visor isnt big enough for 6 or 7 .
my screens are power acoustic and the picture is great.
i have them on when its dark , even when im driving i just pull sown the visor and point the tv out the window .