VIN number paint code and interior advice question

Sorry to have 2 topics going at once. But I am stripping my and installing a full black interior. And after pulling everything out I am noticing that it looks like my car was actually red. And I am kinda digging the red color. It is a 88GT and I was wondering is there a way I can find out the exact name of the color/paint code from the VIN number? It looks like that Strawberry red color, but I dont think that was a option in 88.

My other question is. Not that I am everything stripped out. Is there some good fixes or things I should do prior to putting the new interior in? I was thinking sound deadening. But is there anything else you guys would recommend? I already did a heater core.

Cheers.

• Sponsors (?)

i got 2 rolls of RAAMAT. it was about $250 shipped. ive done everything but the doors, the doors are said to be a huge trouble spot. i have more then enough material, just ran out of time.

it made a huge difference!

i ran new independent speaker wire while the carpet was out.

It was already stated but I'll say it again...replace all the crappy factory wiring for your stereo. I also used fatmat for my sound deadening...I had removed the factory sound deadening when I was more interested in drag racing (and I was poor...it was cheaper to lighten the car than to add other power adders!) so the interior noise was terrible. I "fatmatted" just about everything! It was cheap (around 120 for 100sq ft!) and relatively easy to apply. I would also suggest getting some vinyl dye and paint for the interior. both latemodelrestoration and mustangsunlimited have paint for the interior.

Clay

Yes, the Strawberry Red was not available until the 90's. Factory 88 reds were only Scarlet Red (a bright red) and Cabernet Red (darker red, my car's color).

lxnow50.jpg