Voltage Regulator aka Slosh Module

where can i get an instrument voltage regulator for my 88 GT?

called a few local dealers and they say its obsolete. i really need it because my fuel guage is never accurate, i alredy replaced the sending unit. that fixed the problem slightly by just keeping the needle visible instead of going behind the dash past full when i only have 1/4 tank.

i know this is a common problem but i cant believe the part is obsolete. PLEASE HELP!!! ive been going crazy trying to find one.

there are a few for sale on ebay and such but they say for 1965 - 86!!???

is either of these the right regulator? there are 2 pics attached please help.

Attachments

• voltage regulator 1.jpg
    voltage regulator 1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 478
  • voltage regulator 2.jpg
    voltage regulator 2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Sponsors (?)

The first one you show looks like something out of a 60-70s vehicle. The second one I think was used up until the mid 80's. The one in your 88 should look like a small circuit board about 2 inches square.

sloshxj8.th.jpg

The pic Tmoss shows is from a 90's car I'm guessing. At least that's where the 93 IVR is located. The 87-89 is mounted flat against the back of the instrument cluster board and attached with a screw.

Your best bet would probably be to scavenge a junkyard for an instrument cluster from an 88 and remove the board. The components on the 87 and 89 IVRs are not all the same and I don't know what the changes were for or if they would be interchangeable even though the board is physically the same.

Attachments

• sloshxj8.th.jpg
    sloshxj8.th.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 163
The Ford part # is E9ZZ-10E849-A. It is called an amplifier asy. and was discontinued by Ford on 5/23/2003.
Try the obsolete Ford parts people, no Ford dealer in the U.S. shows one.
The part on the left you show is an external voltage regulator used into the '90s, the part on the right is a "constant voltage regulator" for the instrument panel used into the late '80s.

Saleen0679 said:
The first one you show looks like something out of a 60-70s vehicle. The second one I think was used up until the mid 80's. The one in your 88 should look like a small circuit board about 2 inches square.

he pic Tmoss shows is from a 90's car I'm guessing. At least that's where the 93 IVR is located. The 87-89 is mounted flat against the back of the instrument cluster board and attached with a screw.

Your best bet would probably be to scavenge a junkyard for an instrument cluster from an 88 and remove the board. The components on the 87 and 89 IVRs are not all the same and I don't know what the changes were for or if they would be interchangeable even though the board is physically the same.

is the slosh module connected to the back of the fuel and oil pressure guage? someone is selling the fuel and oil guage peice only. did the guages come with the anti slosh already on them?

Attachments

• part # E7ZZ-9305A.jpg
    part # E7ZZ-9305A.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 258