Vortech Gt

IMAG0154.jpg 20151124_150303.jpg Hi all, first time poster here.. My car is a 2016 GT performance pack manual, with recaros. Just recently had a Vortech v3 si blower installed, Usng a Vortech tune.

The car is otherwise completely stock. No track times yet but hoping to get out there before the weather gets crappy here in Chicago area. RW numbers are 580 HP and 463 TQ.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

7 psi. I actually found out that my original Vortech tune did not upload and the numbers that I got were on a stock tune. It's amazing but the car drove fine. Once the proper tune was installed, it put down 522 HP and 434 tq. The torque curve is now much better though and more of it is available much earlier. The car feels much stronger/faster as well.

Vortech had an issue with their handhelds for 2016 GTs and their supplied handheld were not uploading.

You made a dyno pass without a tune? I think my blower is making about 6 psiits a novi2200 and car makes 588 hp and 505 tq. You get so much power for your money and we can still turn them up!

You made a dyno pass without a tune? I think my blower is making about 6 psiits a novi2200 and car makes 588 hp and 505 tq. You get so much power for your money and we can still turn them up!
Yep. I actually drove for a week without a tune and had 0 issues other than it not feeling like it had 580 HP.. It's amazing how this car's computer adjusted, probably pulled tons of timing...I will get a custom tune in the Spring, so probably will get back closer to 600 HP. I don't want to go much higher than that since I didn't change oil pump gears.