Vortech install problems on 94 cobra...Help needed

BPA

Founding Member
Aug 5, 2000
S.F.
Ok im installing the vortech S trim on my 94 cobra and i ran into a few snags today. im having two problems. The first one is that the smog pump pully is touching the bracket for the abs module.cant find any info in the instal guide about this... The secound problem is the fact that the cobra has coolant hoses going from the water pump down to the oil filter housing not described in the vortech manual. the diagram just shows the hoses from the water pump going up to the pipe along the valve cover. Do i need to just remove both of the oil cooler hoses and lines and/or remove the oil cooler extension housing or just leave it alone and just remove the lines/hoses.So far the install hasnt gone too bad really expet for these small set backs . Hopefully some of you guys ran in to these problems before and can help me out with a few answers id really apreciate it.. Brian

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem with the ABS bracket. I just loosened the bolts and moved it 1cm from the smogpump and fastened the bolts again (U need 2 people to do this) but I am not sure about the other thing... I had no problem with that. there are 2 small hoses from the waterpump in the GT mustang... One goes from the water pump to the thermostat neck and the one by the valve cover isnt used... There was a NEW hose that came with my vortech kit that goes from the waterpump to the firewall.... Hope this helps

Sorry about the english ;)
icegt
iceland

I'm installing an s-trim on my 95 cobra as we speak. I am keeping the oil cooler lines-yes the one closest to the waterpump does get in the way-I cut some of it off and will probabally have to cut more. I plan on using part of the hose that they include to make a short piece going from the left pump outlet and connecting to the cooler line. From there of course it goes down to the oil filter and back up (I plan on using the rest of the included hose to go from the top of the cooler line to my firewall) no big deal really-just takes a while to plan it out. PM me if you have any other questions-I'm 85% of the way done on mine-took it real slow and enjoyed it so far.