Vortech Oil Leak??

yellow2kgt

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Fishersville,va
Well I finally finished my install and had some decent weather to actually drive the car. For the most part everything has gone smooth except I have a small oil leak from the bottom of the blower. It is not coming from the feed line or its fittings and the oil drain at the pan is as dry as can be. So I think it is coming from the oil drain where it attaches to the blower. I can not tell if the actual fitting is leaking oil or if it is leaking oil from the top of the hose where it attaches. I have checked all of the clamps and they are tight. Has anyone else had this problem??

• Sponsors (?)

yellow2kgt said:
Well I finally finished my install and had some decent weather to actually drive the car. For the most part everything has gone smooth except I have a small oil leak from the bottom of the blower. It is not coming from the feed line or its fittings and the oil drain at the pan is as dry as can be. So I think it is coming from the oil drain where it attaches to the blower. I can not tell if the actual fitting is leaking oil or if it is leaking oil from the top of the hose where it attaches. I have checked all of the clamps and they are tight. Has anyone else had this problem??
If it is Tim's kit I am sure he gave you his cell phone number... Did you try calling him?

Does this mean the power tubes are in? I heard he was waiting for 8 of them...

Bo

DC-GT, Yes it is a kit from Tim. It is one of the s trims with the upgraded impeller. I actually got the kit right before thanksgiving so I am not sure about the power tubes that you are talking about. I have not tried calling Tim yet because I really have not done alot of digging at this yet, but I am pretty sure it is coming from the drain at the blower.

I think I found my leak. I pulled the headunit back off to find that the blower case was leaking where the two halfs of the gearbox come together. I found a few of the bolts to be loose. I snugged those back down and put everything back together, and so far no more leak. I hope that fixed the problem because I don't feel like shipping the headunit back.

yellow2kgt said:
I think I found my leak. I pulled the headunit back off to find that the blower case was leaking where the two halfs of the gearbox come together. I found a few of the bolts to be loose. I snugged those back down and put everything back together, and so far no more leak. I hope that fixed the problem because I don't feel like shipping the headunit back.
Sweet! Grats man! You get a chance to dyno it or try it out on the track yet? I mean you have had a whole 2 hours!!!!

Bo

yellow2kgt said:
I am taking my car to Kauffman's tomorrow (monday) to have some subframes welded in and to have it dynoed. So hopefully I will have some numbers tomorrow night.

Congrats on getting your supercharger installed and finding your problem.

It's a good idea to check the oil feed and return lines from time to time. One of my lines never leaked and then the temperature changed and I developed a little leak. I Just tightened the clamp and it was gone but I'm glad I happened to be checking...