Vortech programming issues

1977cobra

Feb 27, 2008
Hey guys, I'm new here are I just recently bought a 02 Gt with a vortech v-2 setup. Since i've owned the car I changed rear gears to 3.73, and now my speedometer is off. So i bought a sct programmer hoping to recalibrate my speedometer but I am having difficulty just doing changes to the speedometer. The ECM has the vortech chip in the back. Is there any way to only fix the speedometer and not change any of the other parameters? My biggest problem is that in the quarter mile the speedometer reads 120 and shuts the car down before I cross the line. The car runs great and I would rather not have to take it to a dyno shop just to get the speedometer fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Get it on the rollers! My friend had a vortec on his car. He got a custom chip from vortech. When he put it on the dyno. The tuner told him that the vortech tune was very very lean and it only put about 330 to the wheels. After the dyno he was putting 380 to the wheels. Just sharing some info.

Hey guys, I'm new here are I just recently bought a 02 Gt with a vortech v-2 setup. Since i've owned the car I changed rear gears to 3.73, and now my speedometer is off. So i bought a sct programmer hoping to recalibrate my speedometer but I am having difficulty just doing changes to the speedometer. The ECM has the vortech chip in the back. Is there any way to only fix the speedometer and not change any of the other parameters? My biggest problem is that in the quarter mile the speedometer reads 120 and shuts the car down before I cross the line. The car runs great and I would rather not have to take it to a dyno shop just to get the speedometer fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

Where are you located , a flash tuner will not work if there is a chip in the ECM , you have to first remove the chip , in which case you need to have a custom tune for the SCT programmer that is setup for the supercharger , injectors , mass air etc. that you are running

Well I've been in touch with a local guy who does dyno tuning. So I think i'll do the full exhaust this winter and then take it to him in the spring. Another question. How much boost can I make on a stock engine? Right now i have the 3.60" pulley, and I'm only making 6-7 psi, I was thinking of going to the 3.33", Would this be a bad idea? Thanks for the help guys.

Well I've been in touch with a local guy who does dyno tuning. So I think i'll do the full exhaust this winter and then take it to him in the spring. Another question. How much boost can I make on a stock engine? Right now i have the 3.60" pulley, and I'm only making 6-7 psi, I was thinking of going to the 3.33", Would this be a bad idea? Thanks for the help guys.

3.6 pulley is 8lbs pulley , my car actually saw 8.6psi even with longtubes , 10psi is pushing it