Vortech S-Trim or Powerdyne Supercharger

rflow50

Jun 18, 2005
TX
I am going to put a supercharger on my 91Gt. I have a 347 Stroker on it with 9.1 compression. I am tying to decide between the Vortech S-trim that's run about 2,500dls and comes 10psi pulleyt, capable to put 20psi of boost by changing the pulley or the Powerdyne that's run about 1,900dls and comes with 9psi pulley.

• Sponsors (?)

im not a Powerdyne guy so i cant say yes or no w/that but the s trims ive heard all sound really mean, and im into alot of whine, it seems that there is more room to grow w/the s trim for the future though, so that would be my choice. Any superchargered ride in the end would make me happy!

Definatley go with the S-trim. Not saying the PD is a bad unit but the S-trim will do everything you want it to. Start running the PD hard allot and you will have to replace the internal belt often. I use to run a PD on my 331 and swapped to an S-trim and glad I did. :D

BaXTeR3221 said:
If your really looking to push the limits, go with vortech. The powerdyne is a good street cruising blower, but if your looking to really push it, you might have problems.

So if i'm a guy that does a little "light to light" action every now and then and will never put my car on a track, the Powerdyne might be a good choice?