Vortech V-3 Black Series Opinions

mod95snake

Jan 26, 2003
Richardson TX
Now that all of my friends either have Ford Racing/Whipple or Prochargers I was looking to spend some money on a Vortech tuner kit and narrowed it down to the 4FQ218-124L

How many of you are seeing daily driven reliable 550+?

Looking to order this week so cold stone facts are appreciated.

Thinking of this one http://5.0-mustang.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_72_77_106&product_id=58

I have over 300 reward points from them and can get this thing for like $4260 ish shipped.

Good deal for the price or should I save up for a Hellion Eliminator?

Thanks for the advice.

• Sponsors (?)

I am actually very interested on what people have to say to this as well. I ran a Vortech V2 on my previous Mustang and liked it alot. The downside on the 2V was it didn't rev as freely and therefore it always seemed you had to wind it out far to have fun. Being that the 5.0 has a broader powerpand and revs higher stock I feel a centrifugal SC could work extremely well. I always wonder though would a PD supercharger be the best of both worlds or seem to run out of steam in the higher RPM ranges. There's definitely something to be said about the centri continually pulling (and pulling harder) all the way to red line! I look forward to the responses to this.