Vortech V1, Cooling Fan help

ben99

Oct 20, 2004
We have a '95 GT that we are swapping motors in. The motor we have is a '93 5.0 that was stroked to a 327, fully built. It came with a Vortech V1 installed. We got a killer deal on this, that is why we purchased in instead of a '95 motor. We have already had to move the ABS box and brake lines. The problem we have now is the clearance with the fan. We have a Fluidyne radiator. We only have 2.25" between the radiator and the crank pulley. We are considering putting Flex-A-Lite 230 dual 12" pusher fans on the front and running a 15" puller fan on the inside to the side of the crank pulley. Would this keep things cool enough? The guy that built the motor said it should be pushing over 500hp. What recommendations do you have?

• Sponsors (?)

If it is an option pull the motor back out. Notch the k-member to set the motor back and inch. This will give you the room you need to run a stock 94-up fan. Unless you have it under a stock hood the stock GT/Cobra fans should keep it cool. I have the same set-up in my S-351 putting 540 to the wheels and my car has never passed the 192 degree mark in 95 degree heat in Georgia!

Moving the engine back will require some modifications in the exhaust and driveline.

There is also a super slim dual Ram Fan set-up. I'm trying to remember where you can get it from.

Troy