Vortech V1-SC for EFI on a carbed motor?

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
I have the chance to pick up a Vortech v1-sc for pretty cheap, but it's designed for EFI and my motor is carbed. Is it possible to modify it to run on a carbed motor with a blow through carb and a carb hat and some changed piping?? Thanks in advance!

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Snap it up dude! I really don't think the SC cares whether it blows into a throttle body or a carb. I did it with a SN93 and it worked fine for me. Here are some cool carb pics but using a box instead of a hat: Carbureted Mustang Supercharger Systems | Paxton Superchargers

So you took a Paxton SN93 supercharger designed for an EFI motor and made it blow into a blowthru carb and it worked fine for you? Did you have a problem with boost leaks at the carb hat? What carb did you use? What kind of power did it make and how was it tuned? Do you have any pics of your setup? Please post up some more info. Thanks! :nice:

Sorry, it was short lived due to finance, no numbers just seat of the pants experience. I used a power tube I got off eBay into a hat on regular Pro Form carb. Wish I had more info, I sold it all shortly after I put it together due to a family emergency.