Vortech V3 And Bbk Strut Tower Brace

1hot87gt

5 Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
New York
hey everybody. I'm new to the forum, but not to fox mustangs. I've owned mine since 97. It's an 87 GT that has been with me for the last 20 years. Wow, time flies!! Can't believe she's 30 years old. Anyway, quick question. I am contemplating putting a supercharger on her, Vortech v3. My question is does anybody know if it will interfere at all with my BBK strut tower brace? I have a Cobra Intake Manifold, 70mm accufab TB. Don't know if that helps. If anyone has an answer, PLEASE let me know. I don't want to drop 3k on a unit to find out it doesn't fit. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just take off the STB. Plenty of guys in road racing will attest it does nothing. It just changes chassis resonance frequency giving the illusion of actually doing something.

Yeah I've heard that but I hate to leave holes in the towers and firewall from the brace if I don't have to. Thanks for the reply though man. Hopefully someone else has tried to do this with my setup and can tell me yes of no.

The reality is that nobody would let a strut tower brace be the determining reason in not using a supercharger.

What i'm trying to say is, do the SC, if the strut tower brace fits, keep it, if not, find another or have that one modified.

It's just not a part that you build around or let get in the way of progress.

Reactions: 1 user