VT N/A Camshaft video/soundclip

VTEngine

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
Lansing, MI
Hey guys.

A lot of people have asked us for sound clips for our camshafts. One of our customers has posted this very short video of his car idling with our wild n/a camshafts. The quality of the video isn't super, but it gives you an idea of the idling quality of our cams. The car had not been tuned yet, so this is how they idled just installing them. Enjoy! :nice:

Scott
TeamVT
:flag:

http://www.modulardepot.com/videos/shootout/idle.mpg

• Sponsors (?)

VTEngine said:
Hey guys.

A lot of people have asked us for sound clips for our camshafts. One of our customers has posted this very short video of his car idling with our wild n/a camshafts. The quality of the video isn't super, but it gives you an idea of the idling quality of our cams. The car had not been tuned yet, so this is how they idled just installing them. Enjoy! :nice:

Scott
TeamVT

http://www.modulardepot.com/videos/shootout/idle.mpg

Has a nice balanced and mellow lope to it. Sounds very very nice :flag: What are the specs on that cam?

mrvax said:
Wow! Sounds great. I think that is with Flowmasters. :nice:

Seriously I wonder if he will gain or lose HP/TK across the rpm range with those cams. I have seen that happen with blower cams on an N/A car.

They aren't blower grinds. Check above for the cam specs. These cams make massive torque...there is a dyno graph posted over on MD.

Jim
Team VT

How are those wild N/A cams from a daily driver point of view?

<-----Wants a set of worked heads. It's just soooo hard to toss that kind of $$$ down. :(

GinoGT said:
How are those wild N/A cams from a daily driver point of view?

<-----Wants a set of worked heads. It's just soooo hard to toss that kind of $$$ down. :(

The wild n/a cams are now known as the Stage2 because the "wild" has an appearance of racey. We run these cams in our shop car that is daily driven, and the owner of the car in the video also daily drives his car. No worries at all in a daily driven car. All our cams have been designed for street dutied vehicles. :nice:

VTEngines said:
The wild n/a cams are now known as the Stage2 because the "wild" has an appearance of racey. We run these cams in our shop car that is daily driven, and the owner of the car in the video also daily drives his car. No worries at all in a daily driven car. All our cams have been designed for street dutied vehicles. :nice:

Oh, cool. I agree on how calling it the "wild" cam affects its image. At first it made me think you sacrifice 100lbs of torque down low for extra HP. :D

Car sounds awesome. I always wondered what a cam like that would sound like on my car, since the Magnaflows are really quiet at idle.

VTEngine said:
Hey guys.

Scott
TeamVT

could i use those same ones on my automatic ?.. with the mods i have on ?

are the mufflers flowmasters with dumps ?

VTEngines said:
They aren't blower grinds. Check above for the cam specs. These cams make massive torque...there is a dyno graph posted over on MD.

Jim
Team VT

Hey Jim,

Did you gents ever dyno a N/A car, then replace the PI cams with Stage 2 and re-dyno? I'm real curious about what sort of gains these cams have over stockers. Thanks!

FR-S8N said:
could i use those same ones on my automatic ?.. with the mods i have on ?

are the mufflers flowmasters with dumps ?

This car had Dynomax mufflers w/ dumps (shorty headers w/ offroad pipe). We have not back to back dyno tested these cams with stock components. Our stage 1 cams will be dyno tested back to back w/ stock cams on a car with bolt on parts, no internal work done/no head porting, etc. Should have those #'s in a month or so.

Scott

EDIT- you will require ~2800 rpm convertor for your automatic.