VT N/A Camshaft video/soundclip

• Sponsors (?)

the blower cams would work fine with any type of blower I bet but I would think they could do custom grinds.

Scott, do you gus recommend after market springs though? I was going with Comp of course.

Nick

I wonder how much power I would get from some blower cams with stock heads(for now). I'd love to get some but I'm a little paranoid since I already have 400+ rwhp on this stock block.

I wish I had the dough to do what you did Jared. When you throw that blower on there, you are really going to have some fun. :D

VT, do you have any specs as compared to stock? I am thinking of changing my mind and staying NA instead of adding a sc in the future, and a cam swap is a must for this choise. Im simply asking about stock #'s since the cams would be the first thing I replaced, then intake, then heads due to $$$.

Thanks man... oh and sounds pretty good :nice:

SmithAtlanta said:
I wonder how much power I would get from some blower cams with stock heads(for now). I'd love to get some but I'm a little paranoid since I already have 400+ rwhp on this stock block.

I wish I had the dough to do what you did Jared. When you throw that blower on there, you are really going to have some fun. :D

Our blower cams gained 87hp over stock cams ON STOCK HEADS with 12psi.

Jim
Team VT

StangLou said:
VT, do you have any specs as compared to stock? I am thinking of changing my mind and staying NA instead of adding a sc in the future, and a cam swap is a must for this choise. Im simply asking about stock #'s since the cams would be the first thing I replaced, then intake, then heads due to $$$.

Thanks man... oh and sounds pretty good :nice:

SPECS from a set of cams from a 2000GT as measured on he cam doctor:

STOCK: .500/.529 lift
201/208 .050 dur
252/260 adv dur
113/116 C/L

our STAGE 2: .560/.575 lift
225/235 .050 dur
270/282 adv dur
108/108 C/L

Jim
Team VT

I finally figured out which VTEngine guy is which lol.

Has there been any problems with the bottom end of the 4.6 with that high lift? My friend was asking me if I think that my motor could stand revving up to 6500 or 7000 and not spin a bearing or bend a rod since I drive pretty hard.

Nick

Nick.

With stock cylinder heads, the car won't make power that high in the rpm range anyways, so you'd be wasting time and wearing out components for no reason. With the stock heads/intake/exhaust intact, you'll see peak power before 6000rpm, which a stock motor can rev to very safely.

mogs01gt said:
I finally figured out which VTEngine guy is which lol.

Has there been any problems with the bottom end of the 4.6 with that high lift? My friend was asking me if I think that my motor could stand revving up to 6500 or 7000 and not spin a bearing or bend a rod since I drive pretty hard.

Nick

I (Jim) am VTEngines (with an "s"). Scott is VTengine (no "s"). t only gets confusing when he posts from my computer. Thats why we try to sign our names all the time now........LOL!

Jim
Team VT
:nice:

How much for the cams? Can I use both stage 1 and stage 2 cams with stock heads and which would make more sence? I would like to keep the car N/A. Is there a computer flash or chip that you recomend with a cam swap?

Sorry for all the questions......

Can I Install The stage 2 Cam on a total stock motor with just flowmasters? How hard is it to install cams on a 4.6? I looks to be simple but Ive never worked on a 4.6. So if i were to get the S2 cams with new rockers and springs I should be able to run the ***t out of the motor and not have to worry. So if I were to have them Installed and tuned how much would that cost?

If you have a stock intake and exhaust, with no head porting, we strongly recommend the stage 1 cams. The stage2's were designed for ported heads, intake upgrades and longtubes. They WILL work with stock components (intake/exhaust) but the cams will be extremely choked down.