w00t the Mustang Saga begins

Ety

Jan 1, 2005
CT
Next week I am looking a 73 Coupe that I posted about before. Here:
http://www.whospilledcoffee.com/ety/Stuff/Stang/Blue Mach 1/

The guys says it ran 11's and he has the time slips at his mother house. I am wondering what I should look at and how I can see if the engine is still good. Its been siting for almost a year, and I think the fuel tank isn't workign anymore. The guy wants $1,500 and I have $1,000 so what are some good tips for negosiating, I am going to print the ad and check everythign, he said it was a Mach 1 which it isnt so I was going to see if that would help. He says he's selling a motor with a car on it and the frame looks bent among the rear end damage. Any tips? Thanks alto :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Even if the car is severely bent; and he's really only selling the engine....
$1500 for the engine that pushed a Moose-stang to 11's???? :scratch:

NoKitten's '73 Cougar (same chassis) is sitting in my carport; and that sucker's as heavy as the Rice-Eating Generic Chevy Truck! If I were you I'd have that mill gone through pretty thouroughly before committing to a price like that. Either that or get certified copies of his Divorce/Bankruptcy papers :nono:

EDIT: Also, I keep getting a "404 Not Found" error when I try to open that link. Whassup wi' dat???

StangDreamin' said:
Even if the car is severely bent; and he's really only selling the engine....
$1500 for the engine that pushed a Moose-stang to 11's???? :scratch:

NoKitten's '73 Cougar (same chassis) is sitting in my carport; and that sucker's as heavy as the Rice-Eating Generic Chevy Truck! If I were you I'd have that mill gone through pretty thouroughly before committing to a price like that. Either that or get certified copies of his Divorce/Bankruptcy papers :nono:

EDIT: Also, I keep getting a "404 Not Found" error when I try to open that link. Whassup wi' dat???

I dont know whats up with the 4040 Its my friends site. One of my teachers happens to have a mechanic friend right near the car so he might come by and give his opinion. :D