Want a V8

OxMox

turkeysammichesonhisface
Mar 31, 2005
Palm Harbor, FL
ARGH! I got my ass handed to me by a modded SRT 4 :notnice: I was driving across the Howard Franklin Bridge (a 4 mile long, 5 lane wide on both side bridge that connects to the I-275) and this SRT 4 (queer dodge neon with a turbo) flys past me... so I droped to 4th and caught up and we were playing follow the leader for a little bit, we were passing each other and it was a good fight but when we got out of traffic we pulled up along side one another and just took off. I kept up in fourth but when I hit 5th he pulled away and pulled away kinda fast. So that night I stopped by a local grocery store and picked up an issue of Mustang & Ford trader to start looking for a nice '98 Cobra or '01+ GT that are in good condition and surprisingly there were a lot. I'm seriously interested in a '97 Cobra with 33k original miles for 15k$. Anyway, that's my complaint and rant or whatever...

So sad :( , i'll try to post pics of the Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

being the driver of a GT i will tell you, you'll love it. however if your driving a 99-04 V6, that's what? 190 HP? that's not that bad. full intake, and full exhuast, with a 75 shot, you should be hangin with that neon.

MaroonMustangGT said:
being the driver of a GT i will tell you, you'll love it. however if your driving a 99-04 V6, that's what? 190 HP? that's not that bad. full intake, and full exhuast, with a 75 shot, you should be hangin with that neon.

Have full intake and exhaust (see sig for numbers). 220hp, 204.6 at teh rear wheels, it's just past time to get a V8.

Get a second car to have a V8. You can go with an older model, so it'll be cheaper. It won't be a big deal when it's out of commission for doing big mods. You won't be driving it daily so gas isn't an issue. And if it's on your insurance but not as a primary vehicle, the rates won't be too bad.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Get a second car to have a V8. You can go with an older model, so it'll be cheaper. It won't be a big deal when it's out of commission for doing big mods. You won't be driving it daily so gas isn't an issue. And if it's on your insurance but not as a primary vehicle, the rates won't be too bad.[/QUOTE]
that's what I'm doing :D

pgreenlaw said:
smartest thread ever in a v6 section.

:rolleyes: Almost the smartest.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Get a second car to have a V8. You can go with an older model, so it'll be cheaper. It won't be a big deal when it's out of commission for doing big mods. You won't be driving it daily so gas isn't an issue. And if it's on your insurance but not as a primary vehicle, the rates won't be too bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might get one as a second car or just get rid of mine altogether... not sure yet. It would be a million times smarter to get a second car and keep the six... but you know :D , besides the 6 doesn't get that great of gas milage with the 4.10's, probably 'cuase I keep masshing the gas every where I go :shrug:

I am thinking, since my V6 is at 95,000 miles, if/when it dies, I will have a 4.6 from the '99-'04 swapped in. That will be an instant 110 HP boost. The only thing is, I am worried that when I took it thru DEQ, the VIN will say V6, but the exhaust will be from a V8, and it would fail emissions. Anyone have any experience with this?

RED98 said:
I am thinking, since my V6 is at 95,000 miles, if/when it dies, I will have a 4.6 from the '99-'04 swapped in. That will be an instant 110 HP boost. The only thing is, I am worried that when I took it thru DEQ, the VIN will say V6, but the exhaust will be from a V8, and it would fail emissions. Anyone have any experience with this?

I guess you'll pay v6 insurance :shrug:?

worked v6 said:
Have full intake and exhaust (see sig for numbers). 220hp, 204.6 at teh rear wheels, it's just past time to get a V8.
what other mods do you have?? cause there is no way you are pulling those #'s even with a full bolt on splitport.

you added 60rwhp with just exhaust and intake?

i have to see a mod list dude. my procharged 98 only made 226rwhp and 267rtqe when i first procharged it and believe me an srt-4 couldn't pull me at all

with your claimed power you should pull high 13's with a good launch

I was talking in the Car show thread about buying a 2000 V6..well I decided to not go with that dealer and I got approved for a loan to buy a 2002 Mineral Grey GT....I didn't have to trade in my 95 V6 which is damn good thing cause I really love the car and I didnt want to get rid of it. there is some major sentimental value...I gave the car back to my mom because it was her baby, and I pick my GT up Monday...I am really happy.

clip_image002.jpg

RED98 said:
Well I can tell you how it works (worked.. they might have changed the rules) :shrug: in Texas.

I did a 2.3 to 5.0 swap in an 88 Lx.

As long as the model of the car came with the engine you swapped in as an option, and it is the same year or newer, and has all relevant emission stuff, you pass :D Regardless of the VIN# Of course this does not apply to cars older than 24 years no matter what state you are in.

Never made an insurance claim on that ride, but I would assume they would deny and drop you. Might even sue you :shrug: