Want the Steeda adjustable clutch quadrant? Have some questions.

5.0 Nostalgia

10 Year Member
Feb 28, 2003
CT
Want the Steeda adjustable clutch quadrant. Have some questions.

I want to swap the clutch quadrant and cable in my 91 notch. I really like the Steeda unit. I have it in my 89. Only problem is, I don't know what cable is in my other car. The previous owner put it in. Before I pull all this stuff apart, I just wanted to know what cable would be the better choice. I have heard the stock cable is better. My question is, why is the stock cable better? What does the adjustable cable do that the stock one can't? Is there any way to identify what cable is on my other car without pulling it off? Does Steeda sell the package with my choice of cables?

Thanks
Jon

• Sponsors (?)

I have the steeda quad, adj. cable and FWA, they have been working perfectly for a few years now. Only problem I saw with the cable is the metal bracket that bolts to the inner fender well put it too close to the header. I bent the crap out of it, problem solved. If you have a FWA, you dont need the adj. cable. The factory ford unit is said to be better, but they are all made in Taiwan including the steeda cable. You can get a stock non-adj. cable from the auto parts store too, its really up to you.