wanting to build 347

i have a 306 1988 mustang. trickflow twisted wedge heads. trickflow stage 2 cam. trickflow intake trickflow 1.7 roller rockers i have a problem with my internals either a cracked piston. or crank so i plan to build a 347 this is going to be a really radical street/strip car. what is the max compression i can run and have a supercharger on it. i either want to go with a kenne bell or a novi. big diffrence i know. but i would also like to spray 150 of gas every once in a while. what stroker kit should i go with and how much compression am i capable of running with a supercharger i dont have the money for the supercharger right now but i dont want to have to change pistons and internals again when i can afford the supercharger. or should i build a 351 and stroke it just put my top end on that? is that possible?

thanks for your input

• Sponsors (?)

Just my 2 cents but a SC and a 150 shot on a stock block is asking for trouble. You better go with a Dart if that's the plan.

There are many variables for the compression ratio. Here is some good info to get you started from: ProCharger Supercharging FAQ’s

Although some manufacturers claim a specific horsepower increase, superchargers actually add horsepower as a percentage gain (percentage of an atmosphere). Assuming an engine with a compression ratio of around 9:1 running pump gas,if a supercharger gives your engine 14.7 psi of boost (another atmosphere) that will essentially double the output of your engine, everything else being equal. After adjusting for thermal and mechanical energy transfer, if an efficient centrifugal supercharger is generating 7.5 psi (approx. 1/2 an atmosphere), you will see around a 35-40% gain in horsepower and torque at your non-supercharged maximum horsepower rpm. If detonation forces you to use an ignition/timing retard system, you will of course see less of a gain because backing off several degrees of timing will greatly reduce an engine's power output. At higher boost levels, the heat generated by compressing air will produce diminishing returns as the boost is increased, although the use of intercooling or racing fuel can avoid this scenario of diminishing returns. Assuming the use of intercooling to run higher boost levels while maintaining reliability, a 100% increase can generally be achieved at around 17 psi on an engine with 9:1 compression running pump gas. The gains in horsepower and torque delivered by each ProCharger system can be found on the price list as well as on the "ProCharger Systems" page within this site