Wanting to lower the steed

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
Hey guys I have seen a ton of people on here talking about thier lowerd stang and I too want to do this. My problem though is that my long tubes (BBK's) hang so far down low.. I know I know hanging low isnt usually a problem but it is here. I drag them on almost any speedbump and everything else you can think of. I have a stock suspension setup with the 17x8's as well. Is this my problem or am I just destined to be riding high?

• Sponsors (?)

I will snap some pictures tomorrow but yes I am quite certain its the header. If I had to guess I would say i have maybe 3-5 inches at the most clearance which I guess sounds decent but I find myself dragging it on alot of stuff and I cringe everytime I do it.

Lowering will only amplify the problem, there's no way around that.

Sounds like they are hanging pretty low. My X pipe is low, and scrapes over quite a few speedbumps, and even crests in the road depending on the angle the break over at, but so far so good... just sounds horrible when it does it.

My H pipe did this when i put it on. I loosened the bolts and used a jack to get it where I wanted it then tightened them, problem solved. I wouldn't think your headers would be scraping but get under the car and you will be able to tell for sure, most likely its your mid pipe.

I dont even have longtubes and my H scrapes on EVERYTHING with my sportlines. SOunds like you're not going to be able to drop the car much lower.

I took some pictures with my phone just for reference and will get them up sometime this evening so yall can see what I am talking about. It does look like my H pipe is a little low but it also looks like that is because of the headers. :shrug: If I did decide to lower it it wouldn't be drastic obviously, only around 1 inch or so. Would it be best to go with the caster/camber and coil-over setup or just springs and other parts?

i have bbk LTs and sportlines, and my headers have never actually dragged on anything, dragged my mid-pipe a couple times though. it would be wise to get a set of c/c plates, although technically springs is all you need to lower it, im still on stock shocks, and it seems to being working ok.