Wanting to put a SN dash into a fox....

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
When I rejoin the Fox world I will be putting a SN- 95 dash in it along with a mod engine. When I get the dash, what all do I need with it and what all do I need in order to use the '98 model airbags in the car? I want as much as possible to be functionable.

Thanks
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

I have been doing some research on this, that so far this is what i have gathered.

Dash must be trimmed and mounted securely because the steering column is supported by the dash not the fire wall.
You need the the piece of firewall that the SN 95 steering shaft bearing mounts to ( when you see it you'll realize why you need weld it in your car)
No one has a good electric writeup that I have seen so far, some people use the whole haress from the sn-95 and just do the windows.
Some people keep their fox wiring and splice everything in.

I hope someone will fill in some blanks for you and me. Im sure it just takes time and patience and some wiring drawings

We should put all the info we find on this swap in this thread. I'm going to attempt this in an 87 coupe i've had for a while, using parts from a complete 96 that i bought for a parts car.

Its plain and simply a pain in the ass. lol But worth it. It took me four months of forgetting about the project all together to finish the wiring.

Your thread actually made me want to put that dash in my coupe. I started thinking about it, and realized I have enough parts to build that thing. I have the 87 Coupe that needs interior, motor, and trans. I have everything from the 96 I stripped. The complete interior, hvac stuff, spindles, rear disc and 5 lug stuff could all go into the 87. I can take my 04's stock bullitts and put on it. Then I have a 351w that I was going to put TFS heads on and put into my 90 so I bought all the 351 swap parts too, but I decided to put the heads/cam in my 68, so I will just throw the stock 351w into the 87 since I'll have all the swap parts that won't be used for anything else. I have a spare T5, bellhousing and new clutch to use in it also.

I actually have enough spare parts laying around right now that I can get this thing very close to being put together with only what I already have.

Basically I think all I'll have to buy is a radiator, carpet, and a few miscellanious things.

IF i ever do another fox project i am thinking of the newer dash out of a 2005-2008 they are about two inches longer in width it would obviously have to be cut as well.someone needs to this maybe you can be the first.

Your thread actually made me want to put that dash in my coupe. I started thinking about it, and realized I have enough parts to build that thing. I have the 87 Coupe that needs interior, motor, and trans. I have everything from the 96 I stripped. The complete interior, hvac stuff, spindles, rear disc and 5 lug stuff could all go into the 87. I can take my 04's stock bullitts and put on it. Then I have a 351w that I was going to put TFS heads on and put into my 90 so I bought all the 351 swap parts too, but I decided to put the heads/cam in my 68, so I will just throw the stock 351w into the 87 since I'll have all the swap parts that won't be used for anything else. I have a spare T5, bellhousing and new clutch to use in it also.

I actually have enough spare parts laying around right now that I can get this thing very close to being put together with only what I already have.

Basically I think all I'll have to buy is a radiator, carpet, and a few miscellanious things.

Do it up! And start a progress thread!