Warm start problem, NOT IAC

cmb91LX

Apr 20, 2004
Memphis
Alright guys, when ever I get into my 99 and drive somewhere, a store, and get back in 2 minutes later and try to start it, the idle surges and lots of times dies altogether. To cure it, I have to do the same thing that you do when the IAC is sticking, hold the throttle up for a second until it wil lhold an idle. I do know it is not the IAC but what else would it be. There are no problems starting the car in the mornings, just after it has been driven and reaches operational temp. Help me out!

• Sponsors (?)

Check your fuel pump. Alot of hot start problems are fuel pump related. Also, How long has it been since you changed your fuel filter? I've seen many cars with horribly clogged fuel filters that stall and Idle horrible.

Too much advance on your timing can cause hot start problems. Do you have a timing adjuster or aftermarket chip? Try knocking the timing back 1-2 degrees. I also noticed you have an o/r hpipe. They produce more heat than the stock exhaust. You may just have a hot starter, your exhaust goes right by it. Does it turn over, but not start? or will it not turn over at all?

He said it turns over he just has to give it gas to get the rpm's up until it will idle. Have you checked the tps? Maybe a vacumm leak but if it starts fine when cold that would eliminate that possibility. Check to make sure your air filter is connected right and your maf as well.