Warning indicator lights out please help

stc88

Apr 14, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a 95 convertible last weekend. Some of the warning lights are out. I think these may have been disconnected by the previous owner to hide a problem. Originally the car would beep 5 times for 5 cycles. I brought it to a shop and they couldn't find the problem. I went home and found fuse #4 10amp under the dash blown. This has fixed the beeping problem which I believe is an airbag malfunction. But I'm still missing the following lamps.

Check engine
Low oil
ABS
Brake

The following indicators DO work

Battery indicator
OD off
Fasten seat belt
All other dash and exterior lights/power equipment function normally.

I also found a disconnected four wire two black 1 blue and blue/wht harness under the steering column. I reconnected it and still nothing. Airbag maybe? Is there a main disconnect for the dash warning lights or a way to disable them? I really feel this was done intentionally to hide something. I did find a bad ground coming from the stereo that was making a bad popping in the front speaker. Don't know if that caused the fuse to blow or not. Anyway I'm no expert and would appreciate any help. THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the info.
I picked up the Haynes book and pulled the instrument panel out. Low and behold the check engine light and airbag light were missing completely. When I installed new ones the airbag had code 52 which was an easy fix (thanks to this site). Check engine light seems fine. Not sure why it was removed.

That's a good question about ABS. I'm trying to find out and I don't have an owners manual. There are traces and ports for an alarm, abs, cat conv and brake. None of these will light up though and I ohmed out the traces, verified bulbs etc. I assume if the ports are cut out that the feature should be there. But maybe all 95's have the same dash. I would assume the brake light should at least work. Any ideas on that?

V6's do have those warning lights:
Check engine
Low oil
ABS
Brake

I have the premium coupe and have all those warning lights, the only one he might not have is ABS b/c that was optional through i think all the years. I know that his is a 95, but there is no reason why it should not have check engine, low oil, and brake light. :shrug: