"warrior" Edition Gt

• Sponsors (?)

So guys, I was contacted by a dealer overseas about trying to sell me a 1 of 50 "warrior" edition 2014 mustang GT. I had to look it up on the internet. looks pretty nice. orginally $41000, But i could get it for $35000. how do i convince to boss (wife) that we have to have this. I cant see it not being worth something later on down the road..... what are your thoughts?
Hope it comes w an MRE.
*Edit* So I just looked at the link. That's HORRIBLE. Some buttholes bought 50 mustangs, some v6's and some v8's(what do y'all bet half and half) and put decals and crap on it. You'd better hope your boss tells you no.

So guys, I was contacted by a dealer overseas about trying to sell me a 1 of 50 "warrior" edition 2014 mustang GT. I had to look it up on the internet. looks pretty nice. orginally $41000, But i could get it for $35000. how do i convince to boss (wife) that we have to have this. I cant see it not being worth something later on down the road..... what are your thoughts?
Hope it comes w an MRE.
*Edit* So I just looked at the link. That's HORRIBLE. Some buttholes bought 50 mustangs, some v6's and some v8's(what do y'all bet half and half) and put decals and crap on it. You'd better hope your boss tells you no.

I cant believe the :poo: you guys are saying. are you :leghump:ing kidding me. I bought a mustang that im so glad you cant buy. and from what it sounds like you wouldn't. I really hope I see you guys at a car show in NC. so I can tell you all to go :leghump: yourself and stay away from my "worthless" mustang. #2 of 50 only about three at all in the US. all the parts were put on at the factory. and yes the VIN says it's a Warrior package. Thanks for the support and all the congrats on my new mustang.

I cant believe the **** you guys are saying. are you ****ing kidding me. I bought a mustang that im so glad you cant buy. and from what it sounds like you wouldn't. I really hope I see you guys at a car show in NC. so I can tell you all to go **** yourself and stay away from my "worthless" mustang. #2 of 50 only about three at all in the US. all the parts were put on at the factory. and yes the VIN says it's a Warrior package. Thanks for the support and all the congrats on my new mustang.

Look dude, the fact of the matter is that plain and simple, there is nothing on that car (The Warrior) that can't be undone in about an hour. A sticker across the glass, tailpipes, rockers, an airfilter, and a dash plate do not make that car special.
If the interior was stitched in a different pattern w/ different fabric, if there was some collaboration w/ an ex-commander where it was officially recognized (Think Stormin' Norman) and signed like a Shelby, If it had ANY other thing on it made by Ford that could'nt be duplicated for 100 bucks, and the VIN denotes that, then it would be different. If your vin doesn't denote that your car is a Warrior edition, and one of a limited run,..then I can duplicate your car for less than 500.00 above whatever I could buy a base 6 cylinder for.

Sounds like AAFEEs buyers were looking for a way to give service members something to set them apart, and either Ford, or AAFEES cheesed out.

Last edited:
man you right DUDE. thanks for the knowledge. you are a real piece of work you know that. How the hell are you to say this is not a special car? Im sure you guys will love this all the parts on the car from the headlights to the ford racing suspension ford racing CAI and muffler, were put on after it was built. that's called a variant of the mustang. so I got a 5.0 6 speed mustang with from what I priced out about $3,000 in parts for 35,000. And with all that and all the crap you guys said. its still a Mustang. My first new car and I have wasted so much time trying to defend myself and my car, not one person on here has the balls to just say nice car. im guessing you all drive GT40's right? Im on two other forums and they all love the car and the idea behind it. you can look for yourself.

image.jpg

man you right DUDE. thanks for the knowledge. you are a real piece of work you know that. How the hell are you to say this is not a special car? Im sure you guys will love this all the parts on the car from the headlights to the ford racing suspension ford racing CAI and muffler, were put on after it was built. that's called a variant of the mustang. so I got a 5.0 6 speed mustang with from what I priced out about $3,000 in parts for 35,000. And with all that and all the crap you guys said. its still a Mustang. My first new car and I have wasted so much time trying to defend myself and my car, not one person on here has the balls to just say nice car. im guessing you all drive GT40's right? Im on two other forums and they all love the car and the idea behind it. you can look for yourself.
Congrats on the new ride. How does she handle?

Marketing ploy by military exchange, meh. I wonder if the vin even denotes it as "warrior edition" Will only be worth what some other idiot will pay for it

It is not a marketing ploy by the military exchange, it is a market sale by Ford. And if you have something against the military, then you have an issue with me. As I just retired from the military. If you are military, then best to you and I love ya like a brother.

Anything that is a military effort special edition does have some meaning to us military, and I will speak for myself, tend to buy things that are military related or special edition series. Such as the ounded Warrior program.

Secondly, I just do not understand why someone has to call another an idiot if they choose to buy something. If you choose not to like something or buy something but another does, does not equate to another being an idiot.

I am not here to bitch about you, but damn, pick your words better my friend. If I saw this Mustang and I was in the market of a new stang, I myself would probably pick one up too. Does that make me an idiot for doing so, I do not think so.

Last edited:

Well let see.... :thinking:

Part of the reason is because it's not your thread. You know.... The thread where you come into a new forum and introduce yourself and say, "Heya... check out my ride".

INSTEAD... You came into a thread (guns blazing, mind you) that was in already in discussion about the virtues of yet, ANOTHER hastily conceived (contrived) Mustang package who's sole purpose for existence is marketing.

What the car amounts to is a Mustang GT with some 'stuff' added to it to make it this "special edition". Think about this for second....

They've accomplished their mission. They've marketed a Mustang GT to someone who has paid (more or less, I do not know) for the privileged of having a Mustang GT that is "2 of something". Here's the kicker. It will never be worth anything more on the market than a Mustang GT.

Maybe... Juuuuuust maybe. If you hand that thing down to your grand kids in pristine condition, it could pull a little more than a GT but probably only to either A) A collector of all things odd from Ford --or-- B) To Jay Leno's grand kids who just HAPPENED to see one of these things sitting outside of a Walmart when they were young.

Nobody is telling you that you can't like it for what it is. Nobody is even saying that it isn't a nice car (Deep Impact Blue is my favorite by the way), what they're saying is that it's no different from a GT with exceptions of some purpose specific styling queues. It will never see the collect-ability of KR, Saleen, or even a Bullit. There's nothing rare about nuts, bolts, and build of the car itself.

So don't get so butt hurt. Nobody created this thread to piss you off. Instead, you joined a thread discussion already in progress and didn't like the feedback contained within it.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the new ride. How does she handle?
Im not sure im still over here in Afghanistan. ill get to drive it for the first time this winter, barring the weather.
Well let see.... :thinking:

Part of the reason is because it's not your thread. You know.... The thread where you come into a new forum and introduce yourself and say, "Heya... check out my ride".

INSTEAD... You came into a thread (guns blazing, mind you) that was in already in discussion about the virtues of yet, ANOTHER hastily conceived (contrived) Mustang package who's sole purpose for existence is marketing.

What the car amounts to is a Mustang GT with some 'stuff' added to it to make it this "special edition". Think about this for second....

They've accomplished their mission. They've marketed a Mustang GT to someone who has paid (more or less, I do not know) for the privileged of having a Mustang GT that is "2 of something". Here's the kicker. It will never be worth anything more on the market than a Mustang GT.

Maybe... Juuuuuust maybe. If you hand that thing down to your grand kids in pristine condition, it could pull a little more than a GT but probably only to either A) A collector of all things odd from Ford --or-- B) To Jay Leno's grand kids who just HAPPENED to see one of these things sitting outside of a Walmart when they were young.

Nobody is telling you that you can't like it for what it is. Nobody is even saying that it isn't a nice car (Deep Impact Blue is my favorite by the way), what they're saying is that it's no different from a GT with exceptions of some purpose specific styling queues. It will never see the collect-ability of KR, Saleen, or even a Bullit. There's nothing rare about nuts, bolts, and build of the car itself.

So don't get so butt hurt. Nobody created this thread to **** you off. Instead, you joined a thread discussion already in progress and didn't like the feedback contained within it.
I had every intention on doing that. but I found this thread and had to defend my car. quick question what to the Saleen and Roush start out as?

I cant believe the **** you guys are saying. are you ****ing kidding me. I bought a mustang that im so glad you cant buy. and from what it sounds like you wouldn't. I really hope I see you guys at a car show in NC. so I can tell you all to go **** yourself and stay away from my "worthless" mustang. #2 of 50 only about three at all in the US. all the parts were put on at the factory. and yes the VIN says it's a Warrior package. Thanks for the support and all the congrats on my new mustang.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

It is not a marketing ploy by the military exchange, it is a market sale by Ford. And if you have something against the military, then you have an issue with me. As I just retired from the military. If you are military, then best to you and I love ya like a brother.

Anything that is a military effort special edition does have some meaning to us military, and I will speak for myself, tend to buy things that are military related or special edition series. Such as the ounded Warrior program.

Secondly, I just do not understand why someone has to call another an idiot if they choose to buy something. If you choose not to like something or buy something but another does, does not equate to another being an idiot.

I am not here to **** about you, but damn, pick your words better my friend. If I saw this Mustang and I was in the market of a new stang, I myself would probably pick one up too. Does that make me an idiot for doing so, I do not think so.

I really don't care about special military sh*t in general and neither do most of my buddies contrary to what you say. I think a lot of that is just cheese. Maybe I am just cynical or maybe it's because I am not a green e2 or 2d lt.

I would call anyone who buys vehicle through the exchange an idiot because the deals are actually not that good. I understand that there may be only 50 of these , but again for the extra money you arent getting anything special.

I would also encourage my soldiers not to blow all their hard earned deployment money on a vehicle, and do something smart like save it or use it for a down payment on a house.

Oh and if you bought it at a premium compared to another GT and thought it was a good deal or it would be worth something more some day, then yes, I would call you an idiot.

I really don't care about special military sh*t in general and neither do most of my buddies contrary to what you say. I think a lot of that is just cheese. Maybe I am just cynical or maybe it's because I am not a green e2 or 2d lt.

I would call anyone who buys vehicle through the exchange an idiot because the deals are actually not that good. I understand that there may be only 50 of these , but again for the extra money you arent getting anything special.

I would also encourage my soldiers not to blow all their hard earned deployment money on a vehicle, and do something smart like save it or use it for a down payment on a house.

Oh and if you bought it at a premium compared to another GT and thought it was a good deal or it would be worth something more some day, then yes, I would call you an idiot.
lets start with this is not my first rodeo. and I don't think anyone that is a Spc or below could afford a new car. And if your still in what ever your in, you know we tend to move so much buying a house is dumb, cause we move every three years or so. but with my E5 pay and jump pay I got this covered. And on that note. I know what deal I got im sorry if you poor and cant afford a new car. that you and your priority's all messed up. Or maybe your the " idiot". so you keep doing you and ill keep showing off my car. how is that?

Im not sure im still over here in Afghanistan. ill get to drive it for the first time this winter, barring the weather.
I had every intention on doing that. but I found this thread and had to defend my car. quick question what to the Saleen and Roush start out as?

I think maybe you have the wrong idea of what we do here. Sure... I love it when folks come in to talk about what THEY DO like about the car... but this isn't where you come in with all the hostility because someone said something you didn't like. Maybe they do on those "other" forums that you talked about.

It's no different than every other special edition Mustang ever made....and there have been plenty with low number releases.

10 years from now, it will just be some dusty GT sitting in a lot with some 18-year old kid making a post about if this $10K mustang special edition is legit and all.

Yeah, i know if you own one of these you don't want to hear that, but short of a few rare limited edition models like a Saleen SA-10 or SA-15 or similar, there just isn't really any money to be made on limited edition cars.

I think I saw an '01 Bullitt on the lot somewhere for $6500. I can remember a similar thread back in 2001 asking if these cars would be worth something one day.

If you love the car...drive the wheels off and smile the entire way

I think everyone needs to relax, this thread was started by OP to get feedback on this model run of a GT. Now that being said, some may like it, some may not. Either way it all boils down to what the actual OP likes. I sometimes find it silly to come on a forum to ask this very question "What do you all think", as it tends to get every type of answer out there and most of what is printed is band wagon hoopla. If you like it just say so, if not, then just say I do not care for it. Some on here are getting butt hurt over another person liking something is simply ridiculous to say the least and childish. And to call another an idiot for liking something different is also childish. So lets drop the back and forth internet big guy stuff and stay within the OP's question and leave it at that.

Roooster, some will take talking about other forums and what they do offensive when you come on a specific forum. Most do not care what other forums do. I hope you enjoy your vehicle when you get back from overseas. And hope you stay safe. But let this issue go, and let's keep the peace on this forum and thread.

Man, so much controversy over a car. If a new 5.0 is $30K and this one is $35K with some upgrades, then you really haven't lost much or any money. Hell, most buyers walk into a dealship and get ripped a new one every day on something they didn't know they could get for a few grand less with negotiations.

So lets weigh the pros and cons:

Pros (things that add value in my opinion):

Grille
Headlights
Air filter
Exhaust
Side hoovers
Warrior tail light is cool but I wouldn't want it because I'm not in the military and would feel like I'm being a poser. You are in the military, so I say "pretty cool"
It is a numbered production car

Cons:
The model and #'s may mean nothing and it may never be worth more than a 30K 5.0

Can you do those mods for less than $5K? Absolutely. So say you paid an extra $3K for a gimmicy "Warrior" model... It looks cool, it'll be a conversation starter, and it MIGHT be worth more to some retired military car collector one day. If you're single, you can easily explain to some females how this is a rare car only available overseas and pull some extra tail with it.

Don't get offended by what people say. I wouldn't buy it cause I'm cheap and not in the military. I'd give it a 2nd glance if I passed it on the highway and probably Google it to see what the hype is about if I didn't know what Warrior meant. Mission accomplished. Enjoy your new ride.