Was gonna do carb.. but... back to EFI

andrewsg

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Wilton,CT
1989 302 HO Block Bored 40 Over
Stock Rods
Stock Crank (Ground 10 Under on all Journals)
Federal Mogul Performance 10 Under Rod & Main Bearings
-Mains Have 3/4" Groove
ARP WaveLoc Rod Bolts
ARP Main Bolts
Ford High Performance Engine Gasket Set (Complete 302 Set)
MAC Windage Tray
DSS Main Support
Ford Racing Oil Pump (With Stock Pickup, FRPP Oil Pump Driveshaft, et al)
Ford Racing Timing Chain Set
B303 Camshaft
1.7 Crane Rocker Arms
New OEM Roller Tappets
New OEM Hardened Pushrods W/ Guide Plates
AFR 165 Emission Legal Heads
Edelbrock Performer 5.0 Intake Manifold
70MM Mass Air Meter
70MM Throttle Body
70MM EGR Plate
MSD 6AL Ignition System W/ Supplemental Distributor, Most Likely An MSD -- Suggestions?
Hi Flo Water Pump -- Of Some Sort, Most Likely Edelbrock -- Suggestions?
24#/hr Fuel Injectors

My Questions Are... what, if anything, should I change? WIll My Head/Intake/Cam Combo work well (rather, will they fit up without any fabbing).
What fuel pump should I use? Are my injectors enough?

My Goal is 300-350 RWHP through a T-45, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch, an 8.8 with 3.27s and a good working posi.

Is this attainable with my setup? Will i be putting out more?

Thanks Much,
G

P.S. The only thing I am really thinking about changing is the cam and throwing 3.73s and maybe a built rear in later on down the line..the exhaust is probably going to be MAC Longtubes with offroad H pipe and mac catback.

Also, The suspension is quite far from stock.. MAC & PST have been my friends for the past few months. The car handles almost as good as my mod'd WRX. Keyword.. ALMOST :rolleyes: .

• Sponsors (?)

A t45?

I think you could do better as well with the cam. If your not on a budget, call ed curtis at fti. Alot of guys run that combo and put down great numbers.

Id just get a regular old autozone or whatever water pump. you ve got plenty of injectors and a 190lph will be more than enough

TIMMY2734 said:
A t45?

I think you could do better as well with the cam. If your not on a budget, call ed curtis at fti. Alot of guys run that combo and put down great numbers.

Id just get a regular old autozone or whatever water pump. you ve got plenty of injectors and a 190lph will be more than enough

You really don't think a T-45 will be good for a starting point on the project?
I cannot afford a new tranny right this moment. Once I get my turbo setup going, Ill probably throw in a lentech auto.

-G

andrewsg said:
I didn't mean a T-45 I meant A T-5.. anyway.. anyone else on this combo??

I think your goal is easily attainable with your combo. Car Craft did a set of afr's like yours on a 302 with the stock cam and made 402 H.P. at the crank. I agree maybe a bit more cam. The injector size should be about right. Have Fun Good luck!

Good setup, definately go with more cam. I run .566 lift on the street, and still get 17-18 mpg with good street manners. more cam, everything else is good. tranny maybe, but I know a guy who bracket races with his 12.00 t-5 347. hes got alloy gears, but... fuel items are fine,I would go with that new RPM II intake, it can only help.

I'd suggest a 75-77mm MAF, adj fuel pressure regulator and dumping the main support b/c it'll only hold together what's broken, if anything breaks. Use that money for something else.

flywheel dynos are never accurate, i wouldn't trust em as much as a chassis dyno. 350rwhp might be a little out of your reach, but 300-310 should be easily attainable.