Was This One Of Our Members...Ouch !!!

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
This car reminded me of a car I saw here recently from a new member. The hammer style wheels are what drew my interest. Is this the same car ?

Screenshot_20200727-212056_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn. I thought it was a convertible. T-top cars don’t offer much more structural integrity.

Makes you appreciate modern vehicle structural and safety enhancements.

Reactions: 3 users
That looks like a good reason for the whole subframe and jacking rail kit.

Don’t let Nader see this, otherwise he’ll write about Mustangs in unsafe at any speed 2.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
WOW ! hope whoever it was is ok, how does that happen !
Hard to tell but it looks like the front bumper on the accident car is black and maybe missing
molding in front of wheel well.

WOW ! hope whoever it was is ok, how does that happen !
Hard to tell but it looks like the front bumper on the accident car is black and maybe missing
molding in front of wheel well.

I found a video that details some more of the car. The front bumper is primer grey but doesn't show the side of the bumper we can see in the picture he posted on the site. I hope whoever it was is ok. This really doesn't surprise me, when really cutting into these cars you discover how slapped together these things are and how little structure there is in certain areas.

junk.jpg

b2a7fe2d-a84c-48df-b550-6834d982091d-mustang_rear (1).jpg

If you sever one of the rockers, then there’s really not much holding the car together at thar point. No roof like on a t-top car and it just tears. Compound that with a rusted floor, or a seat pan with stress tears, and these cars are just weak tin cans.

Really hope the driver of that car is doing ok

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
The durango driver said the mustang hit him ? How in theeee hell. Smh. It sure doesn't look like that from the pics.