Water in oil??

What's up people! New member here.

I have manual 2012 gt with 29k Miles on it. I decided to throw a stage 3 Roush supercharger on it. The car was running fine and I've never had an issue with it as I barely drive it. The car has never overheated and no coolant leaks, when I drained the coolant to install the supercharger the level was full.

I installed the kit using the instructions and some YouTube vids, after I finished the install and threw the tune on. I tried to crank it and got a single click, I broke it down and drain coolant again to look for wiring issues. I didn't find any, put it back together and notice the coolant was taking forever to fill. I checked under the car and saw nothing leaking, I tried to crank it again and again a single click. I checked under the car and saw a couple drops of water(coolant) coming from the junction of headers and mid pipe. I then check the oil and saw water mixed in, checked the spark plugs they were fine. I dump the oil and easliy a gallon or more of water came rushing out followed by oil. What could have cause this? Is there a way to possibly mis route the coolant hoses in a manner that would allow the water to enter the oil? I'm looking for possibilities bc the car was fine before and somehow now water is getting into the oil pan.

• Sponsors (?)

So it didn't do this on the initial installation, and the car was never ran so it probably isn't a gasket issue. It sounds like when you are filling the tank the coolant is pouring directly into the oil pan. Is it possible that you accidently connected the PCV hose to the coolant tank?

Do a compression test. It will rule out a head gasket issue. When I ran a KB on my '89 5.0L anytime I had running issues a compression test was the first order of business to rule out a blown head gasket.

Reactions: 1 user
Do a compression test. It will rule out a head gasket issue. When I ran a KB on my '89 5.0L anytime I had running issues a compression test was the first order of business to rule out a blown head gasket.
Unless I am misreading his post he never got the car running after installing the supercharger and it sounds like as he was filling the coolant it was going right into the crankcase which is why I'm thinking he somehow connected the PCV hose to the coolant tank and I don't think its a headgasket. Anyhow he hasn't replied in 10 or so days so maybe he figured it out.

Unless I am misreading his post he never got the car running after installing the supercharger and it sounds like as he was filling the coolant it was going right into the crankcase which is why I'm thinking he somehow connected the PCV hose to the coolant tank and I don't think its a headgasket. Anyhow he hasn't replied in 10 or so days so maybe he figured it out.

A compression test will indicate if there is a problem with head gaskets or other catastrophic failures. It removes the chance of the improbable occurring. I believe the supercharger (a twinscrew unit) he is using has a closed lubrication system so the plumbing to and from it is only for air and water. There is little chance for coolant to get into the oil unless there is a mistake in connecting coolant lines or a gasket is failing somewhere. It would help to know if the coolant level dropped only in the intercooler system or the engine cooling system.

The coolant level didn't drop, he never got the car running. He said he was refilling the system and it was taking a long time to fill, he checked the oil and there was water in it. Pulled out the drain plug and a gallon of water came out an then the oil. Sounds like the coolant was going directly into the crank case as he filled it. I don't see how a headgasket could cause that when the car does not start. Coolant is not circulating through the engine.

Which system was he refilling? The question is relevant either way. The engine will hold a lot more than a gallon of coolant if it was flowing freely into the lubrication passages.