Water/meth injection control with MSDIYPNP

Sparky714

Oct 16, 2015
North Dakota
Just ordered a Snow water meth injection kit. I'm Using a MSDIYPNP to control my 306ci with a Vortec V3 at 10 PSI. Any tips on controlling the kit with the Megasquirt and tune adjustments with the water/meth Steve? @a91what I know I can control the pump relay with a spare output. What RPM/boost level should I set it to activate at?

• Sponsors (?)

set it to come on with TPS and Boost. maybe 5psi and above 75% you can play with activation settings to suit your needs. Likely you wont build much boost unless you are in it anyway.

Save the tune and once you add meth datalog, see how much fuel the meth is adding adjust the VE table until it is back at a correct AFR. Now I like to use a hobbs switch in the meth line coming off the pump, it will see pressure when the meth is spraying. use this on an input to trigger table switch, set the meth fuel table onto the switch table and then reload the main VE table.
this method is safest.

Reactions: 1 user
I like the idea of a pressure switch in the meth line. I was going to use the low level tank switch to activate table switching. But if tank is empty= no pressure and switch to main table. Do to have a link to the hobbs switch?

@a91what Just want to confirm I am setting up my output correct. Select MAP and set to aprox. 130kpa for 5psi boost and TPS to about 75% correct? Is a hysteresis about 5 good enough for both?

1589031904288.png

yes that will do fine for testing, be sure you use just TPS and test the pump for functionality. test modes can be used to but using just tps allows you to be sure you have the power and active values correct [looks like you do but I always check anyway]

Reactions: 1 user
@a91what Got my water/meth installed and it's working great. I ended up using the PT6 output instead of ALED. It was triggering at random with ALED, still not sure why. Switched to PT6 through output relay and it works fine. Trigger is set to 5psi and 75% TPS.I'm also using the smallest nozzle the Snow kit came with (#3). Table switching works great with the hobbs switch also. I'm using 50/50 water/meth by weight. I've done some tuning to adjust the AFR's and it all looks pretty good to me, but was wondering if you would take a look at the log and give me your opinion. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2020-06-07_09_table switchi log_modified.msl
    372.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: