Engine Water Pump Install

I would definitely use RTV in the corners. Not sure how you will get the timing cover to go on the guide pins and then side back into place with the pan still bolted tight. The lower curve on the timing cover....that area has grooves and doesn't like to slide at all. That's why I had to go to all the trouble....wouldn't work for me.
We had to unbolt the pan. Kept all the original oil pan gasket including the curved piece in the front. My friend did a thorough job cleaning the old gasket from the block, i.e. scraped with a razor tool, then an air driven sanding tool. He has a bunch of British cars from the 1960's, mostly Minis & is real good at this stuff. I do all his computer repairs. Still have to get all the supercharger stuff back on to the factory accessory bracket. Then the balancer which I just did 6 months ago. Change the oil for temporary oil. Replace coolant & see if it runs & cools, then change oil again. Should be done in another week or less.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sounds good man. I hope it all turns out trouble free....that's the goal! Funny, my goal use to always be how fast I made it. Now I just want no problems....lol.

Sounds good man. I hope it all turns out trouble free....that's the goal! Funny, my goal use to always be how fast I made it. Now I just want no problems....lol.
Was trying to reassemble yesterday. Today noticed a pool of PS fluid on the floor. Now need a PS pump. Hoses all look very good, no leaks from them. Looks like the pump internal seals are shot. At least it occurred before all was put back together.

That sucks. I finally gave up on power steering not leaking. I put the complete Unisteer manual kit on. I can barely tell the difference. Long ago I had the Flaming River manual kit on and it was very hard to turn. Not this kit. It's very smooth.