Water temperature gauge problems!

xYoung347x

Nov 3, 2003
Well my new autometer water temperature gauge arrived but I think that its me since this autometer doesn't work neither. I tried the boiling the water method and I got nothing, I don't know what to do. Help!

• Sponsors (?)

is it an electrical gauge? you cant do the boiling test too well if you dont have the electric gauge hooked up (works for mech gauge).

You are going to have to install and get all the wiring hooked up to see if it works.
Just a FYI..I just installed electric autometer water and fuel pressure gauges in my car. I discovered my autometer gauge reads ~20 degrees hotter than the real coolant temps. The gauge would get up to 220 real quick and remain there all day whether highway cruising or idling. I tried a friends electric sending unit and it fluctuated between 180-210. I still have to contact Autometer about this problem.

How do you mean it does not work? Is it just not registering any temp at all? If you touch the wrong studs on the back you can ruin the gauge itself. Do you have your wiring correct?

94SC50 said:
How do you mean it does not work? Is it just not registering any temp at all? If you touch the wrong studs on the back you can ruin the gauge itself. Do you have your wiring correct?
JR, if you are asking Young, i think he figured it out. he was trying to boil the ELECTRIC sender w/o having 12 volts and ground hooked up to the gauge (like he was doing this at a stove in his kitchen). i think that is it, anyhow. :)