Watts Link or Rear Sway/UCA?

blbrchnk

Oct 16, 2006
Bridgeport, WV
I am going to have a little bit of money after x-mas to play around with and I would really like to tighten up the rear end of my car. You can see my current mods in my sig and I love what the koni's in the rear have done in terms of tightness, but I still feel like it jerks away under hard cornering.

My question is: Since the price of a Watt's Link and the combo of a nice rear sway bar package and upper control arm are about the same price. Which would you go for?

I was leaning for the watts link, but I was wondering if I would really notice the difference I was hoping I would.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Watts link and don't look back. Trust me!

You can always get a set of energy suspension outer rear poly sway bar bushings to tie you over until you can buy a sway bar set later.

Like I said, that is the way i was leaning. If I go watts link, I will be waiting until J&M comes out with theirs. They are in their second revision of their prototype according to the guy I talked to and hope to have it out some time in the spring I believe.

Do you have a link to the bushings?

I went with the Fays2 link. It's a really high quality piece that allows for a lot of adjustablity. When I was having issues with the install I called up Jim Fay on the phone and he walked me through it (on a week-end) and even sent me extra replacement parts no charge when I thought there was a problem.

As far as the bushings are concerned get them from energy suspension. I am going to upgrade the sway bar bushings roush gave me for the rear to dial in some oversteer but I have that measured for the size of their sway bar you'd have to calculate the size and spacing of the stock sway bar and buy the bushings based on the stock dimensions. Good thing is that for the rear that's only a $15 upgrade. That's not bad.

Watts!!! Had the Lakewood watts, kinda crappy, went with a techco watts (revised version of the saleen watts, stronger, double shear bolt, solid billet alum arms, also come with a thicker rear swaybar, very nice piece! i dont think u can get it anymore, but it is awesome my rearend and the road are singing the same tune finally!