Waxing using a Drill Buffing Attachment

Mossberg

Jul 21, 2003
ATL, Shawty
Waxing using a Drill Buffer Attachment

Do any of you use a drill attachment buffing pad for waxing? How effective are these compared to something like a Porter Cable? I already own a couple drills so I wanted to see if this works before shelling out $ for a Porter. I am tired of waxing my vehicles and feeling like my arms are falling off afterward. Where do you find these buffing attachments?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I would stay away from those drill buffers. They might end up burning your paint much like a rotary if you are not careful. The porter cable is an awesome machine. Be warned though, the vibrations from the porter cable is tough on the arms. Also, most still apply and remove wax by hand. The main uses of the PC is to apply polishes to remove swirls and such.

Wax is easy to remove if you use the right stuff. What kind of wax are you using? What are you using to buff off the wax? Are you waxing in the shade or in the sun?

Yeah, wax is easy to get off but doing multiple vehicles in a day by hand is a pain in the ass. I do wax in the shade so that's not a problem. I'm just looking for an easier way. I just bought the Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss to try out for the first time so we'll see how that goes compared to the Meguires 3 step kit I use now.

Thanks

Mossberg said:
Yeah, wax is easy to get off but doing multiple vehicles in a day by hand is a pain in the ass. I do wax in the shade so that's not a problem. I'm just looking for an easier way. I just bought the Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss to try out for the first time so we'll see how that goes compared to the Meguires 3 step kit I use now.

Thanks
Cool, I understand. The TWPUG was pretty easy to remove, might want to look into some s100. It is wipe on and wipe off.