Way off topic, a challenge that needs a miracle!

rd

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2000
Ocean Springs MS
Hold on!

I have an 87 Mazda B2000 project. After a new head, new parts for most of the cooling system, new tune up parts, O2 sensor, etc, it runs ok, but the )@^* thing will not idle!

It has the Nikki 2 barrel feedback carb. (Right now I hate it worse than the electronic Carter BBD!) At idle, it has gas streaming out of the primary booster assembly. I have cleaned the carb, set the float level, and it seems to shut fuel off when closed. It will idle if you set it at 1500 or more rpm, but super rich, and will still die after a while.

It has an electronic bowl vent, a slow fuel cut solenoid, a coasting richer solenoid, and idle tracking switch and the fuel air metering solenoid. All now respond to 12v when tested. I swapped a B2200 89 carb on it, and it idled leaner, but the vacuum hoses did not match so I took it back off.

Can anyone suggest how to get the carb to settle down and idle?

I don't want to change carbs, etc.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Toyota pickups are the same way(most of them anyway). My dad had a '94 that he got new and put 260k on the original engine. The radiator blew apart and he scorched the engine(new noises after running 15mi without water), ran for another 20k, put a 120k pull-out in it, and then drove it another 40k. Thats 320k total. He now has another (cheap)'94 that popped the head gasket at 160k :shrug:.

Oh yeah, good luck with that Mazda :D. My dad sold a high mileage '89 2200 to get the Toyota.

Isnt that the one with about 50 vacuum lines? make sure they are all in order, i believe most of those vehicles have an impossible to read diagram on the bottom of the hood and the hoses are also color coded on the end and marked where they go. I also believe that you said you rebuilt the carb.. make sure you didn't get anything in the seats and that all is back how it is suppost to be.