Way OT: need help from someone in the North County San Diego, CA area

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
I got a new toy (actually it's a backup vehicle) in a '89 Isuzu Amigo. It's a 2wd, 2.6 5-speed and I gave $300 for it and it runs. I just fixed an exhaust leak (rear most stud on manifold broke in half) and I have yet to do brakes on it, they're squeeking like they're down to the wear indicator.

The reason I bought it was because the only vehicles I have that run have lots of miles on them. '95 Windstar 156k and '94 LHS 173k (I paid $50 for the LHS). The LHS will be getting the tranny rebuilt soon and I figured I needed a 3rd vehicle anyway since we had gotten rid of the '90 Shadow that my wife had when we got married. It had 185k on it, but I wouldn't have hesitated to load it up and drive from OKC to Bangor, Maine, then to LA, then home. One of my best friends bought it new in '89 and it has pretty much sat this past year as he has a company vehicle and just never needs it anymore. I feel pretty comfortable as Isuzu makes a great motor, its a manual, and I know the history of the vehicle. My 11 year old daughter would like to drive it to high school when she turns 16 so we'll probably let Maaco paint it some day as the clear coat is burning off on the hood and roof (oh, and it's a Ford Blue truck )

It has 156k on it and a recent hail storm took out the 2nd vinyl top it's had on it and I found one used in North County that a guy has that he wants $50 for, but he says he's too busy and won't ship it to me. I'd like to find someone that would be willing to go by and get it and package it up to ship to me, probably needs a big flat box as I'd think if you folded it up too much, the plastic windows might crack. Maybe just tape together two thick pieces of card board about 36x50 or so.

I can get a new aftermarket top off Ebay for about $250, but I really don't want to spend anymore than I have to. I'm thinking I'd have around $100 in it, $50 for the guy, and $50 for shipping and handling, I'll throw in a couple of FE Nats T-shirts for good measure too. If I spend the $250 on the top, that's fewer parts I can buy for my '63 Fairlane NSS project or my '65 A-code coupe.

• Sponsors (?)